Alan Pardew

JH

Anyone who thinks Alan will be under pressure after the derby is a tool, don't be so f***ing ridiculous.

All that counts on sunday are the points. We'll work on playing more beautifully for the fans over time but right now we're 6th, so people need to stfu really.

Once we have a larger squad we can moan about not using the right tactics and the like but for now, people need to shut their hole and enjoy it. Alan is doing a stellar job.

Have you got anything to back this up?

It was sarcasm?

:lol: You got me and I'm usually good at detecting sarcasm.

Anyone who thinks Alan will be under pressure after the derby is a tool, don't be so f***ing ridiculous.

All that counts on sunday are the points. We'll work on playing more beautifully for the fans over time but right now we're 6th, so people need to stfu really.

Once we have a larger squad we can moan about not using the right tactics and the like but for now, people need to shut their hole and enjoy it. Alan is doing a stellar job.

Fans not allowed to criticise, analyse or comment on some rather poor and questionable tactics? 

You're right, we should all stfu  :rolleyes:

Because that's exactly what I said wasn't it?

Of course people are allowed to discuss tactics and the like, what an idiotic suggestion. I was aiming my comment at people, well a few of them, who think Pardew is under pressure. He's not and shouldn't ever be after the season we're having.

Are of course, that was so clear in the first place, how stupid of me. 

"but right now we're 6th, so people need to stfu really".

The usual throw away line.  Sorry I couldn't read your mind on exactly what you meant  O0

You've also said once we have a larger squad, we can moan about tactics?  You then go on to say the opposite of that  :lol: So whilst we're 6th and have a small squad we have to shut up and not say anything negative about our performances or AP?

As clear as mud.

I voted good on the poll BTW, not changed over the season.  I'm not a Pardew out man, so don't get too upset dear.

I wasn't aiming any negativity at you Nath baby, it was for a few who think Pardew is under pressure. There's nothing wrong with discussing our play and that, my beef is with people having a go at Pardew really. With such a small squad, his hands are kind of tied when it comes to tactics really. He's found a winning formula that may not be sexy football but it's been doing the job for most of the season thus far.

Don't see anywhere where I stated the opposite of that fact. Again, I was talking about the "pressure" pardew is apparently under, not about tactics and the like.

Have you got anything to back this up?

It was sarcasm?

:lol: You got me and I'm usually good at detecting sarcasm.

Playing beautifully isn't high on our list of prioties right now is what I'm getting at.

Anyone who thinks Alan will be under pressure after the derby is a tool

All that counts on sunday are the points.

so what if we don't get the points?

Then he's not under pressure? The points are important and the performance isn't.

:pokerface:

read it again

:lol:

Aye was my point too. At least someone has a sense of intelligence on here woop woop.

You're both muppets! Read my post again. If we don't get the points, even though they'd be nice, no biggy. If we don't give a sexy performance, no biggy.

I'm talking about Pardew being under so-called pressure. This season has been great, so most things at this stage are a bonus really.

Guest Dontooner

oh aye, no biggy :lol:

:lol: I'm trying to be positive, even though I sound a right misery in a few of my posts lately!

not many bright posters on tonight

It's Hungry, they're hardly brimming with international talent. Just because he gets a game for his national side doesn't mean he's PL standard.

It's Hungry, they're hardly brimming with international talent. Just because he gets a game for his national side doesn't mean he's PL standard.

You're right perch is better. :spit:

My thought exactly. Perch wouldnt even get a game for San Marino.

Are we actually using the absence of an untested youngster who's attitude is in question as a stick to beat Pardew with? I'm pretty certain there are larger more troubling branches out there.

I dunno is heaven missing an angel?

I watched Kadar yesterday. He seemed surprisingly comfortable at left back. Looked to get forward often, combined well with Dzsudzsak and made three very good crosses. Didn't think he has that in him tbh and that's something that we've lacked all season from LB. Wasn't really tested defensively, although their centre-backs struggled at times with the high defensive line. Was calm under pressure and composed on the ball, nobody will convince me that he'd do worse than Simpson/R.Taylor/Perch, if given a chance.

Guest michaelfoster

I watched Kadar yesterday. He seemed surprisingly comfortable at left back.

Id hope so as he signed for us as a left back

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7558687/Pardew-Next-six-games-are-key

Alan Pardew believes Newcastle's next six Premier League games will determine whether they are serious contenders for a European spot this season.

The Magpies have proved the surprise package of the top-flight this term, with 12 wins from 26 games, playing what the manager describes as a "fast brand of front-foot football", leaving them sixth in the table heading into the business end of the campaign.

Pardew's men remain firmly in the running for a Europa League spot, while the Champions League is not beyond their reach with fourth-placed Arsenal just three points ahead.

But the manager insists he will wait to see where Newcastle are after their next six encounters, which include a trip to Emirates Stadium and a visit of Liverpool, before turning his attention to the European places.

"We are not focused on that," Pardew told The Telegraph.

"We are focused on the next six games because if we are in the running for a top six place in six games' time then we will really give it a go - whether that's the Europa League or even the Champions League.

"But the next six games are key. Now is the time when the top teams get into gear, so are we going to get into gear?"

The presence of key players such as striking ace Demba Ba and midfield stars Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote has proved crucial in Newcastle's successful campaign.

But after losing talismanic Andy Carroll to Liverpool last winter, Pardew knows keeping hold of his top players could be a struggle.

"If I can keep the same group of players I wouldn't worry [about raising expectations]," he added. "But will I be able to keep my best team?

"We are vulnerable to bigger clubs and you can't get away from that with the salaries they offer."

Pardew's next test with Newcastle comes at home to Sunderland, who have enjoyed a resurgence under manager Martin O'Neill to sit ninth in the table, 10 points behind the Toon.

The Magpies boss knows bragging rights are at stake in Sunday's derby but insists finishing above the Black Cats is not a priority.

Progress

He said: "They are probably looking at our results and we are looking at theirs but it's not about Newcastle finishing above Sunderland.

"For me, it's about finishing higher than we did last year, to progress and have a great season."

Pardew hailed the work Sunderland counterpart O'Neill has done at the Stadium of Light since taking charge last December, adding: "He's done an unbelievable job.

"I saw him a couple of times in a social environment before he went to Sunderland and I thought he looked ready to return. Taking the job has inspired him."