Alan Pardew

JH

Pardew is an average limited manager who has us playing awful football far too often, our initial setup today didn't suit any of our players and we already knew that but he still went with it. 

The second half was much better but he's still repeating the same mistakes.

Pardew is an average limited manager who has us playing awful football far too often, our initial setup today didn't suit any of our players and we already knew that but he still went with it. 

The second half was much better but he's still repeating the same mistakes.

The second half is a glimpse of how we could play if we were a bit more adventurous and trusted our gifted players over the workhorses. At the end of the day that's what will separate us from teams like Wolves and Sunderland.

Dont understand why people are having a go at him for winding MON up , that little bouncing freak does it all the time.

Looks like it was in retaliation to something, maybe the handbags earlier.

Dont understand why people are having a go at him for winding MON up , that little bouncing freak does it all the time.

Looks like it was in retaliation to something, maybe the handbags earlier.

Nowt wrong with it other than he should have waited until we'd scored. Looked like a prize prick as it turned out.

My only regret is that he didn't knock the glasses off of that little cunts face. Detest Mo'N and the myth that's built up around him being some great, bouncy character - he's the same prick who sued a fan ran website because they discussed the fact he may want to sell one of his players. I've no respect for the man.

The best thing about today is that maybe Pardew will finally get it into his thick skull that long ball isn't working. Just play Ben Arfa, get them to pass it around and we're a MUCH better team. His subs were good today, even if his initial tactics were diabolical. Loved his little incident with O'Neill ;D

If Hughton took us as far as he could, then f*** me Pardew did a while ago with his shrewd transfer dealings [if indeed he even had much to do with them]. What else has he got left to offer? Serious question. What are his strengths as a manager?

Tactically incapable and an idiot, quite frankly. 1,208 pages attesting to the fact that 95% of the board know HBA should be a starter, or bedded in and a system established around him (and other key players) for the long-term benefit of the team.  Does he deserve credit for bringing HBA on at half-time? Does he f***. Not after surrendering first-half to long-ball tactics. Deserves as much credit as McClaren for throwing on more strikers in the Eufa Cup when he was a couple of goals down the other year. When your plans fail so comprehensively and you're forced to change something, that isn't inspired/brave... it's desperate and a forced last resort.

Pig-sick of this fraud - strip Gupter of his award and give it to Pardew. He's a glorified PR man. Doesn't look like he has a foggiest about football - just prozone. :anguish:

[/still p*ssed off with first-half, and doesn't believe second half show against a team trying to protect their lead should paper over the cracks]

Agree with every single word.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread...Beren will probably have been lynched by then

Penny might be dropping.

Pardew reserved special praise, however, for Hatem Ben Arfa, who stepped off the substitutes' bench at half-time to produce an outstanding individual display full of creativity and threat in the final third.

"This guy is exceptional. I don't want our fans to start thinking I don't think this is a good player," explained Pardew.

"He is special and we have got to get him on the pitch. I've got to find a way of getting him on the pitch to play like that, because that was his best 45 minutes.

"We've got 11 games to go and he can cause some real damage. He was the big difference between the sides in terms of the technical quality.

"You need a technical player who can unlock the door - he did it about four times and we were unlucky not to get a goal in those moments. It was a big game for him."

I think we were were lucky to draw, despite the second half domination.

We had an extra man for 37 minutes you know?

How many 'clear cut' chances did we have?

The man is a charlatan. BUT WE'RE 6TH HOORAY!

A mixed bag for Pardew today. Conforming to expectation, Taylor was chosen in favor of Ben Arfa in a line up most could have predicted. With his team talk ringing in their ears the players started well with some early possession, but any form of game plan soon went out of the window and it was Sunderland who looked the more composed side. Many of our lads frequently panicked on the ball resulting in a misplaced pass or a wild long ball, there was no focus, no intensity and no composure.

Pardew got his half time substitute spot on, a below-par Santon being replaced by Ben Arfa. Whatever was said at the break appeared to work, we looked more comfortable on the ball and far more dangerous in the attacking third. This was aided further by the Sessagnon red card. Overall we were well worth our point and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could have won the game.

Two points from our recent back-to-back home games is a disappointment. Wolves being some of the worst football we've played this season, but today we were a little unlucky. His team selection is typically what we've come to expect and while we lost our cool for thirty five minutes few could argue we were worth of three points. On top of that we're still well in the mix for fifth spot with both Chelsea and Liverpool dropping point this weekend.

Penny might be dropping.

Pardew reserved special praise, however, for Hatem Ben Arfa, who stepped off the substitutes' bench at half-time to produce an outstanding individual display full of creativity and threat in the final third.

"This guy is exceptional. I don't want our fans to start thinking I don't think this is a good player," explained Pardew.

"He is special and we have got to get him on the pitch. I've got to find a way of getting him on the pitch to play like that, because that was his best 45 minutes.

"We've got 11 games to go and he can cause some real damage. He was the big difference between the sides in terms of the technical quality.

"You need a technical player who can unlock the door - he did it about four times and we were unlucky not to get a goal in those moments. It was a big game for him."

We've known this all along Alan...

We played the ball on the ground all of the second half to be fair. Even with 11 men we started really well. We were awful first half but he made the change at half time that needed to be made.

We are 6th at he deserves the credit for that.

Guest Gemmill

Fucking hell, I knew I shouldn't have come in the Newcastle forum on here. :lol:  Bunch of quims getting het up cos the manager wound up that little spitting image puppet in a tracksuit. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Some of the stuff we served up in the first half was as bad as anything we've seen under Big Sam, Souness, Roeder and it has to change because if it doesnt, we're going nowhere. I was alarmed at several things today, for example when Shola came on he went straight to Tiote. I don't know what was said but Tiote simply dropped deeper by about 20 yards after that conversation. Shola also had a few words with Cabaye who afterwards moved more towards the left where Jonas was operating. The result big massive holes in the centre of the pitch and Tiote sat deep on top of Colo when he should have been further forward. At that time sunderland were sat back on their own penalty box and had no-one up front. Simpson, Colo and Williamson were basically marking no-one, yet because we had nowt in the centre whenever they cleared their decks, their midfielders could often run out into our own midfield. If Tiote and Cabaye had of been in there they wouldn't have. More and more people on the stands are getting sick of the way we play and there was some very angry words directed at Pardew today like and rightly so.

Guest neesy111

We played the ball on the ground all of the second half to be fair. Even with 11 men we started really well. We were awful first half but he made the change at half time that needed to be made.

We are 6th at he deserves the credit for that.

Needs to get us to 6th next season to prove anything.  Any manager can have a fluke season.  Glenn Roeder got us and West Ham to 7th.

f***ing hell, what's gan on here? Take a step back, we are 6th ffs. Rome wasn't built in a day!

You're wasting your breath fella.

I know, people will look back on their posts on here with utter fucking embarrassment! Jeez, there's some fuckwits gan about. I think some of his tactics and decisions are far from perfect, but come on. Realism needs to hit some of these fuckers clean on the nose.

Guest neesy111

f***ing hell, what's gan on here? Take a step back, we are 6th ffs. Rome wasn't built in a day!

I know, people will look back on their posts on here with utter fucking embarrassment! Jeez, there's some fuckwits gan about. I think some of his tactics and decisions are far from perfect, but come on. Realism needs to hit some of these fuckers clean on the nose.

So what football team have you been watching for the last 2 months?  We've been fluking results i.e. Blackburn, QPR and Villa.

So what football team have you been watching for the last 2 months?  We've been fluking results i.e. Blackburn, QPR and Villa.

Read my post again

3 good examples of what TRon was going on about earlier.