Alan Pardew

JH

Football is all about opinions.  Some people will never be happy,  some people will always

want more.

My opinion is he has done a great job this season, dropped a few bollocks along the way, but

Which manager doesn't make mistakes..

If we can get a better manager in then great. Until that time he'll do for me!!

Fair enough, however I don't think that everyone is recognising it as the most important measurement of where we are.  Or there wouldn't be some many people suggesting he is nothing more than average manager who is tactically and/or that we should look to upgrade our manager in the near future.  Please note I am paraphrasing general sentiments there from a wide range of people..

You're definitely quoting me regarding him being an average manager and I base that on his managerial career as well as his time here.

His managerial career is based around getting West Ham promoted, losing an FA Cup final and winning the Johnson Paint Trophy during a season which was supposed to bring Southampton promotion.  Something Southampton did after sacking Pardew and something they might do again this season.

My problem with his here is that I think he talks shit and the football we play is generally poor and will result in good results turning to poor results, like our last 2 games have.  I could name more but I really can't be bothered.  We’ve got the basis of a very good team and I think that we are a better team than our standard of football and recent results.  At times we have international players reacting to the ball as if it was a bomb ready to go off and I don’t think for one minute that the players play this way out of either choice or necessity, I think they do it under instruction.

I’ll never get my head around how somebody who has been in football so long can fail to understand how much better Ben Arfa is than Ryan “Key midfielder” Taylor.  If Ryan Taylor is key to us then we’re in the shit.  I think it’s crazy that Pardew slags Ben Arfa off so much about his work rate to the press that some fans are using it is against the player.

At the end of the day, if you were to compare our players, man to man, with the best of the PL, we should and would be up there. The only reason we're not is due to the manager. One thing's for sure as far as I'm concerned, if Bobby were here, Hatem would have played the full 90 minutes of every single game he's been fit and available for. He's meeting Ashley's criteria, so he's safe for now. But there's no reason to accept where we are, we should be aiming for better with what we have. Whether there is a manager available to do this right now, is another question entirely. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to pass opinion on the fact that Pardew is clearly out of his depth at this level.

No chance are Williamson, Santon & Simpson up there with the best atm & thats most of our defence. The main reason we've lost points recently has been due to conceding a lot, not lack of scoring chances.

You think Pardews at fault for that defence not getting us into the top 4 recently ?

At the end of the day, if you were to compare our players, man to man, with the best of the PL, we should and would be up there.

Would we? Have you seen our squad? Half a dozen or so good players supplemented by a lot of dross. With Taylor absent we're having to field a below-par Williamson, Perch and Guthrie have regularly stood in for first choice option, while until recently Leon Best was a nailed on starter. The squad really isn't that great, a fair amount of fans and pundits were expecting us to fade away as soon as the injuries and suspensions kicked in, they have and yet we're still punching our weight in the top six.

The only reason we're not is due to the manager. One thing's for sure as far as I'm concerned, if Bobby were here, Hatem would have played the full 90 minutes of every single game he's been fit and available for.

Why are you comparing Pardew to Robson? He doesn't even come close to comparing, it's a completely irrelevant point to make. No one is denying Pardew is a limited manager, but he happens to be doing a very good job. To claim manager X could be doing better is a daft point to make on so many different levels.

He's meeting Ashley's criteria, so he's safe for now. But there's no reason to accept where we are, we should be aiming for better with what we have.

You feel given our recent promotion and poor squad options sixth, two points from fifth is an unaccepatable position?

Whether there is a manager available to do this right now, is another question entirely. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to pass opinion on the fact that Pardew is clearly out of his depth at this level.

No chance are Williamson, Santon & Simpson up there with the best atm & thats most of our defence. The main reason we've lost points recently has been due to conceding a lot, not lack of scoring chances.

You think Pardews at fault for that defence not getting us into the top 4 recently ?

We showed in the 2nd half today that we can play football and 2 of the players you have mentioned were on the pitch at that time and the other should have been as he was one of our better players in the first shitty half.

Some of the stuff we served up in the first half was as bad as anything we've seen under Big Sam, Souness, Roeder and it has to change because if it doesnt, we're going nowhere. I was alarmed at several things today, for example when Shola came on he went straight to Tiote. I don't know what was said but Tiote simply dropped deeper by about 20 yards after that conversation. Shola also had a few words with Cabaye who afterwards moved more towards the left where Jonas was operating. The result big massive holes in the centre of the pitch and Tiote sat deep on top of Colo when he should have been further forward. At that time sunderland were sat back on their own penalty box and had no-one up front. Simpson, Colo and Williamson were basically marking no-one, yet because we had nowt in the centre whenever they cleared their decks, their midfielders could often run out into our own midfield. If Tiote and Cabaye had of been in there they wouldn't have. More and more people on the stands are getting sick of the way we play and there was some very angry words directed at Pardew today like and rightly so.

Is there any reason you can think of he perseveres with his ridiculous gameplan? I mean he must be able to see its dire effects on the pitch...Isolated strikers, no creativity and so on...

We showed in the 2nd half today that we can play football and 2 of the players you have mentioned were on the pitch at that time and the other should have been as he was one of our better players in the first shitty half.

Via Sunderland sitting back & going a man down affording those players loads of space. Williamson & Simpson clearly arent top 4 standard, they will cost us goals. If we still had Saylor who knows where we couldve been, i actually imagine we would be top 4 right now quite easily the way we were going.

At the end of the day, if you were to compare our players, man to man, with the best of the PL, we should and would be up there. The only reason we're not is due to the manager. One thing's for sure as far as I'm concerned, if Bobby were here, Hatem would have played the full 90 minutes of every single game he's been fit and available for. He's meeting Ashley's criteria, so he's safe for now. But there's no reason to accept where we are, we should be aiming for better with what we have. Whether there is a manager available to do this right now, is another question entirely. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to pass opinion on the fact that Pardew is clearly out of his depth at this level.

Up where??

I'd say if you look at our players man for man, we are actually above what we'd expect, of course we are! Look at the fact that after saylor-collocini our next centre-back is Williamson, who would never get games in one of the so called big-6. Even forwards wise before the cisse signing it was a case of Ba and either Best/Shola/Lovenkrands. Look at our fullbacks Simpson/raylor. All examples of players that man for man are NOT up there with the best of the premier league, they're not even close.

Jus t look at this thread : -

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,89739.0.html

Didn't see many predicting we may be finishing 7th or above, which we are in a fantastic position to do.

Anyways who do you propose may be able to get the "best out of these" players?

Our starting XI is top 7 in this league. We are by no means a better team than that but Pardew is also not OVERACHEIVING with these players. 

Pardew has proven he knows how to make this team play good football as we did in the first 11 games but he has also proven his limitations such as no PLAN B and sometimes no plan at all. What pisses me off the most is that he is immune to criticism by some. We are 1 position above what we should with the way Ba has played. Pardew gets far more credit than deserved, although he does get more abuse than he deserves too.

Im tired of the shit we have been playing for a while now, which we have but sacking Pardew is uncalled for aswell as will only cause this club instablity. Not his biggest fan but I hope he starts paying attention to the mistakes he has been committing. 

We are 'up there', unless you mean we should be in the top 4?

If you do, you're an idiot.

I can't knock the guy for where we are in the league and if you had said we'd be here at the start of the season I'd snap your hand off! Trouble is now I've seen what we CAN do, but have failed to do this year so far, I want to see more from our team. He's clearly doing some thing right or we wouldn't be so high up the table, but our tactics this side of xmas have been substandard to say the least, with Arsenals xmas hangover, Liverpool's inhability to sustain a winning streak and Chelski's OAP demise, we should be challenging for that 4th place spot. Only the two Manchester clubs and the Spuds have shown and sort of sustained class this season and where they rightly deserve to be.

As for today's game, I hope that teaches Pardew a lesson that we should be playing a more attack minded game at home, obviously it helped that the Scum were reduced to 10 men, but we were dominant before that and I'm convinced that we would have got a result out of this game even had there not been a sending off. If he leaves HBA out again after today's evidence then you have to question his mentality.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Already been mentioned a lot of it, Cisse not understanding the occasion, telling Williamson how he needs to prove the fans wrong- talked about hearing a lot of comments about him being the weakest link during the week and so on.