Alan Pardew

JH

Based on what?

We won last week by sitting back and hitting on the counter.

Our clear strength is our front 3 and our clear weakness is our defence.  I've just got a feeling that Pardew finally recognises that trying to hit the ball from back to front isn't the way to get the best from the team.  We played the ball out from the back, we didn't hit it from the back. 

He's seen that we can play through the opposition better than playing over them, I hope.

think Tron said the same the other day, tactically we should approach this game like the away team, let them come onto us and let the front three do their shit

plus playing everyone a bit deeper and tighter (hopefully inc. tiote) should hopefully mean the central defence wouldn't be as exposed

think Tron said the same the other day, tactically we should approach this game like the away team, let them come onto us and let the front three do their shit

plus playing everyone a bit deeper and tighter (hopefully inc. tiote) should hopefully mean the central defence wouldn't be as exposed

That's it basically. While I recognise that it's risky to go too defensive when our best central defenders are out, our front three were spectacular on the counter last week, especially Ben Arfa. If we are pushing up then he won't have the space to attack like he did against West Brom. Plus I think there's more chance of Liverpool getting at our back four if we go too adventurous.

That's it basically. While I recognise that it's risky to go too defensive when our best central defenders are out, our front three were spectacular on the counter last week, especially Ben Arfa. If we are pushing up then he won't have the space to attack like he did against West Brom. Plus I think there's more chance of Liverpool getting at our back four if we go too adventurous.

:thup:

depends where he sets up the line and if tiote's playing for me...too deep we'll get penned in, too high they'll destroy perchiamson...somewhere about the 25 - 30 yard mark for me when they have the ball, string 5 across and make it hard for them...as soon as we win it look for ba or hba and let cisse move off the ball

Playing too deep is playing into their hands since they have no pace. For me, we should play a moderately high line and use our 3 central players to harrass the fuck out of their midfield. Un-settle them, get amongst them and when we get the ball release our front three.