Alan Pardew

JH

Maaan, tried to sign the Ox. That would have been some shit.

I tend to think of him as an Arsenal youngster, always forget they just bought him. Would have been a canny signing.

In the current 4-3-3, he would have been brilliant as either a winger or the 3rd midfielder.

26. He values work-rate, application and dedication ahead of talent.

This is what has worried people in patches this season. I hope he can see that there's a balance to be struck. :thup:

:thup:

Good read though and he seems to have made a good account of himself.

I bet Carver went into pabic mode at Dave's little prank.

"Hey Gaffer word on the street is suspended due to lack of funds"

10 hours later

"its ok Gaffer, word on the street is back, and it says Dave's a cunt"

:D

Considering Mbiwa's contract release clause is 5m, it wouldnt be too hard to complete a deal but if Douglas contract is up in the summer then yh it probably is him.

I would be delighted with either tho tbh, nice to see the club trying to get deals as quick as possible.

And he does not want to stay in Holland so he can represent them

The Brazilian-born centre-back has chosen not to apply for special dispensation to represent the Netherlands at Euro 2012, but has set his sights on the 2014 World cup

Considering Mbiwa's contract release clause is 5m, it wouldnt be too hard to complete a deal but if Douglas contract is up in the summer then yh it probably is him.

I would be delighted with either tho tbh, nice to see the club trying to get deals as quick as possible.

Unbelievable! has said on here that Twente have the option to extend his contract, which they will. But even if it isn't for free, Douglas should still be affordable. Can't be as much of a bargain as Mbiwa though, 5m would be exceptional business. Personally I hope it's Mbiwa but think it's Douglas and that is also fine....as long as it is one of them.

Unbelievable! has said on here that Twente have the option to extend his contract, which they will. But even if it isn't for free, Douglas should still be affordable. Can't be as much of a bargain as Mbiwa though, 5m would be exceptional business. Personally I hope it's Mbiwa but think it's Douglas and that is also fine....as long as it is one of them.

Yep, they do have the option to extend his contract, with one year. Feels almost certain somehow that we'll end up with Douglas/Mbiwa and Pieters.

Well that was a good read! Interesting stuff and that bit about us signing a CB for this summer is excellent news (mind you, it's best not to excited just yet until it's properly confirmed through the press/.co.uk, etc).

Would be very happy with one of Mbiwa or Douglas.

Guest Shaun

If OX price is high we have to bid a bit higher Ashley easily double his sell on value easily.

He wouldn't easily get £30M, no way.

Just for a bit of perspective, this part of a piece on Hiddink and Anzhi (football ramble) stuck out:

Bringing in Hiddink on a six-month contract with the option for a further year is indicative of Anzhi’s intentions. For them European football by the end of the season is an absolute must.

With this in mind, Hiddink has restructured the side with a particular focus on how his team defends.

The Dutch tactician works almost exclusively during training with his defenders while the likes of UEFA Champions League winning striker Eto’o are left waiting quietly by themselves.

:)

If OX price is high we have to bid a bit higher Ashley easily double his sell on value easily.

He wouldn't easily get £30M, no way.

Offcourse he does in couple of years. He is the best Englishman coming through since Roony. Arsenal can sell him for 30-40Mil in couple of years.

Guest Tyson

Fair play to Pards, re: the Liverpool result.

Man-for-man Liverpool are more talented outfit, than WBA. Sunday's fixture was a true six-pointer, but they (based on form) were ripe for the taking. It would've been convenient to sort of park the bus, play hoof-ball, and look to protect the gap on the table. It was the right mentality to take to the field with, and sides looking to grab a game by the bollocks will inevitably create their own luck. Tiote's inclusion was pivotal, for obvious reasons. More importantly playing a controlled possession passing game (on the deck) relieved the pressure on what was a makeshift defensive pairing in the middle. Possession, is the best way to protect the defense.

The 433, and 451 (in defense), is very player exclusive though. In the event of us cashing-in in the Summer, will be foolhardy to think that we'll discover another Tiote, with the comparable physical presence & engine to patrol the hole in our own defensive half, for peanuts.