Alan Pardew

JH

Well yeah, it's absolutely laughable to even imply that he took pointers from here, or indeed anywhere outside his own team, staff or perhaps peers. You'd have to be mental to think otherwise. :lol:

Well yeah, it's absolutely laughable to even imply that he took pointers from here, or indeed anywhere outside his own team and/or staff. :lol:

No doubt some of them have a neb at the forums, but yeah, (despite it cropping up in more than one post) I'm presuming that was toungue in cheek to be fair. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

it's a tiny minority in the 5% who went too far and acted like idiots - and i include HTT in that.

Hooo.... :lol:

Nah, some of the things I have said about Pardew were idiotic. Although to be fair, I never demanded his sacking or said he should be sacked, I just offered that I myself would replace him after the season ended if we were still putting in poor performances/hoof ball/dodgey tactics/not playing the likes of Ben Arfa.

As for the whole point scoring/who is right/who is wrong thing, sadly when debating on here it can lead to that kind of crap and I've been guilty of it myself once or twice.

In general, me, I'm absolutely delighted to see my team playing like we are and Pardew has helped that happen massively so all credit to him, long may it continue. And yes, he is winning me over and yes I was wrong to say some of the things I did about him in a personal sense and regarding replacing him.

Oh and Bottled Dog, no I will not start getting stuck back into him if a few results go against us. I will criticise abject performances, bad decisions and poor team selections etc. though where I see fit just as I will praise good performances and good decisions whether we win or lose, and that has always been my way.

The only thing I would criticise people for is the belief that Pardew was wedded to a negative approach and has recently "seen the light". That would be to underestimate him massively IMO.

Other than that, criticising the poor performances at the time was fair enough, even if I did think it was going way too far in the light of the good results. 

it's a tiny minority in the 5% who went too far and acted like idiots - and i include HTT in that.

Hooo.... :lol:

Nah, some of the things I have said about Pardew were idiotic. Although to be fair, I never demanded his sacking or said he should be sacked, I just offered that I myself would replace him after the season ended if we were still putting in poor performances/hoof ball/dodgey tactics/not playing the likes of Ben Arfa.

As for the whole point scoring/who is right/who is wrong thing, sadly when debating on here it can lead to that kind of crap and I've been guilty of it myself once or twice.

In general, me, I'm absolutely delighted to see my team playing like we are and Pardew has helped that happen massively so all credit to him, long may it continue. And yes, he is winning me over and yes I was wrong to say some of the things I did about him in a personal sense and regarding replacing him.

Oh and Bottled Dog, no I will not start getting stuck back into him if a few results go against us. I will criticise abject performances, bad decisions and poor team selections etc. though where I see fit just as I will praise good performances and good decisions whether we win or lose, and that has always been my way.

Fair play. :) :thup:

I said some pretty stupid stuff about considering replacing him at end of season with qualifier that there was a better manager available...yeah dumb think it was wolves game that drove me over the edge of fury at how rigid and boring we were playing.

Sorry Pards, if we start playing like we did at stoke game in game out next season it will be amazing.

i'm not even so sure it's him as much as it is  the whole set up, including carver, carr etc. in the way that we are saying our succesful season is down to being a team on the pitch i'd say that for the entire club at the minute.

F365 Winners and Losers:

Alan Pardew

Now this is what you call management. What do you do when you have two out-and-out strikers and a natural No. 10 who likes to play with freedom and hasn't got the discipline to play on the wing? Harry Redknapp's solution would probably be to tell them to play wherever they fancy, but thankfully for Newcastle fans, they've got currently the best English manager in charge. Ditching the 4-4-2 and occasional 4-4-1-1 that had served them well this season, Pardew has opted in recent weeks for a 4-2-3-1 formation that has brought six straight victories and a place in the top four.

The team spirit at Newcastle means that sacrifices have been willingly made - Jonas Gutierrez has surrendered the wing to drop deep as a defensive midfielder alongside Cheick Tiote and Demba Ba has been shifted wide and asked to fulfil some defensive duties. The result is more freedom for the brilliant and inventive Yohan Cabaye, whose through ball for Papiss Cisse's goal against Stoke was simply sublime. This is the kind of re-shuffle that can only work if the players have total trust in their manager and their teammates. Hats off, Mr Pardew. You're getting the support of most neutrals for a reason. 

Just remembered Redknapp's mockery when Pardew counted himself out of the running for the England job, would make it even sweeter if we finished above Spurs.  Well tbf it's just fantastic that we've got Redknapp scared to death regardless of whether we finish 4th or not.

Never actually realised just how good our form has been this season. Apart from the two games in a row against Chelsea and WBA where we had massive problems in central defence (I'm still convinced Colo played injured/unfit against West Brom) we've been pretty formidable. It is great to feel like SJP is a fortress again.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1341/homeform.png

Pardew has done an absolute phenomenal job this season. It shouldn't be underestimated. Yes at times we've disagreed with some of the decisions he's made. For me the biggest was leaving HBA out of the team for so much of the season. But the man has got the results on a consistent basis all season long. Whatever happens over the last few games, he should be the Manager of the year, if he was at a London club I'm sure he would be anointed already. Thank god that this is only really his first season back in the prem after a sketchy career at other clubs, because right now, I have no doubt that he's the best English manager out there and England have an opening at the moment. 

I laugh when other fans call us two faced for liking Pards now when well all hated him when he was appointed. It would have been two faced had we all said we loved the appointment at the time, we didn't, no one thought he was going to be an upgrade on Houghton, but he's proved us all wrong and won everyone over. TBH I wouldn't want anyone else managing our club right now. Thanks Pards for a truely amazing season.

Those Chelsea and West Brom games could have gone another way as well :thup:

3-0 to Chelsea was a travesty of a result tbh. Flattered them massively and one of the few times I can remember the team losing 3-0 and pretty much getting cheered off.

3-0 to Chelsea was a travesty of a result tbh. Flattered them massively.

it did but weirdly sturridge had that much space in good positions they could've had 5. weird weird game that one was.

10 straight unbeaten games at home. My criticism for Pardew was and I still think is justified for the way he set up our team couple of months back. However, ever since integrating Ben Arfa into the team and making it a more fluid system we have really been on a roll and all praise has to go to Alan for that. Couldnt dream of being where even 4weeks ago. Been really great to watch us since March. I guess every team hits a rough patch somewhere, and we seem to grow even stronger from rough patches.

3-0 to Chelsea was a travesty of a result tbh. Flattered them massively.

it did but weirdly sturridge had that much space in good positions they could've had 5. weird weird game that one was.

True.

Guest bimpy474

3-0 to Chelsea was a travesty of a result tbh. Flattered them massively and one of the few times I can remember the team losing 3-0 and pretty much getting cheered off.

Along with Luiz staying on, we had absolutely no luck in that game at all.

and we were still in it till the 90th minute.

Guest bimpy474

and we were still in it till the 90th minute.

Aye, felt so frustrated after that game.