Alan Pardew

JH

He's one of the more humble managers out there, always gives the opposition praise and doesn't get himself into slagging matches/mind games. There's really very little to hate about the man.

Tbf, he did call O'Neill a cunt. :lol: Not that that's anything to hate him for.

He's one of the more humble managers out there, always gives the opposition praise and doesn't get himself into slagging matches/mind games. There's really very little to hate about the man.

Tbf, he did call O'Neill a c***. :lol: Not that that's anything to hate him for.

I will never forget how polite and friendly and gracious he was to me and my daughter immediately after the Fulham match. Pure class, given the circumstances.

and reset the god damn poll man.

Think it's just me a you on this one :lol:

Last one was during a difficult time. It's noted...now lets re-vote :snod:

Agreed. I voted 'OK' during that time, and I'd like the opportunity to change that please :lol:

and reset the god damn poll man.

Think it's just me a you on this one :lol:

Last one was during a difficult time. It's noted...now lets re-vote :snod:

Agreed. I voted 'OK' during that time, and I'd like the opportunity to change that please :lol:

Same. Have an OK. Would like to vote CRAP.

I for one was very critical of Pardew after the Norwich game, because after the first 15 minutes of dominating we stood off and our play became just terrible. That was a big mistake by Pardew. However, he's since learned from that and shown that he can learn and adapt with what works, so no more complaints from me, he's proven to be excellent since, learning from mistakes etc. Don't see what's wrong with criticizing him after that Norwich game though, he did get it wrong.

I for one was very critical of Pardew after the Norwich game, because after the first 15 minutes of dominating we stood off and our play became just terrible. That was a big mistake by Pardew. However, he's since learned from that and shown that he can learn and adapt with what works, so no more complaints from me, he's proven to be excellent since, learning from mistakes etc. Don't see what's wrong with criticizing him after that Norwich game though, he did get it wrong.

The players needed the confidence of a win, they got the 3 points they'd been lacking :lol:

The players needed the confidence of a win, they got the 3 points they'd been lacking :lol:

They did, but not due to him imo. Shutting up shop at 1-0 up didn't help us hold onto the lead despite the intention, it just made the 3 points harder to get. Regardless, I'll say it again, I won't apologise for criticizing him when he gets things (in my opinion) wrong.

Voted good last two times, voted brilliant this time. End of the season has been storming all things considered, with plenty of fantastic football. Really promising stuff.

:thup: Same here.

Moi aussi.

Not to exacerbate anything but the majority of criticism of Pardew was of his tactics/substitutions (player choices). These tactics and player choices were changed to pretty much what most people were complaining about. We are now seeing NUFC play great football and dominate games. So in essence, most people who were complaining were correct and most people who weren't complaining are correct in a different way (apart from those who kept suggesting our players weren't capable of playing really good football because Simpson/Williamson were in the team).

Anyway, it's absolutely meaningless. We're playing great and everyone's happy at the moment, everyone believes Pardew is doing a good job and now if things go wrong again, most who had previous criticisms, will be able to look at it and say, it's just a rough patch. We know what the players and manager are capable of.

This is the long and short of it.

They did, but not due to him imo. Shutting up shop at 1-0 up didn't help us hold onto the lead despite the intention, it just made the 3 points harder to get. Regardless, I'll say it again, I won't apologise for criticizing him when he gets things (in my opinion) wrong.

Meh. I think for all of your (and not just you) backtracking and steadfast refusal to consider Pards actually knew what he wanted to do with the team at the beginning of the season, he's done absolutely nothing to warrant the level of criticism people were throwing his way just 6 wins or so ago. He's far from perfect but has done an almighty job this season which largely got ignored as people got bogged down in the detail - of which barely any of us are actually privvy to. Now that we're sat in fourth, there's been a definite momentum swing and it's almost as though Pards has had some sort of sea change when it comes to his view for the team :lol:

Pards in July "Hatem Ben Arfa will only play as a number 10 for me"

N-O in October "just stick him on the wing"

Pards in April "Hatem is brilliant roving behind the front two/part of a front three"

N-O in April "we wuz right!!!11"

Meh. I think for all of your (and not just you) backtracking and steadfast refusal to consider Pards actually knew what he wanted to do with the team at the beginning of the season, he's done absolutely nothing to warrant the level of criticism people were throwing his way just 6 wins or so ago. He's far from perfect but has done an almighty job this season which largely got ignored as people got bogged down in the detail - of which barely any of us are actually privvy to. Now that we're sat in fourth, there's been a definite momentum swing and it's almost as though Pards has had some sort of sea change when it comes to his view for the team :lol:

Pards in July "Hatem Ben Arfa will only play as a number 10 for me"

N-O in October "just stick him on the wing"

Pards in April "Hatem is brilliant roving behind the front two/part of a front three"

N-O in April "we wuz right!!!11"

madras...let him roam in a formation that creates fluidity.

looks like I was right and everyone else was wrong.