Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunno what this says about me but I bought my Birmingham ticket yesterday :lol:

:clap: Diehard.

:lol:

Not really. I just like going to games. However fucked off I get by various temporary incumbents of the club I can't see that changing. The timing of this one's a bit frustrating given what's going on but I can't make many games at the moment so didn't want to miss out. On the plus side I'm taking my old man and it's as funny as fuck when he gets angry at the match :lol:

I will be continuing on as normal.

At the end of the day when you support a football team you sign up for the highs and lows. Ashley will be gone one day and things will be better, thats the way it is. There is no way I could possible turn a blind eye to Newcastle. When they are playing I couldnt ignore the game and not check up on it/watch it etc. I would also miss going over to Newcastle as well. Right now we are at rock bottom and it certainly doesnt feel like our club anymore but times will change eventually.

Until you change your mentality, Ashley has you and others like you by the balls - and he knows it. It's why he can get away with it.

it wont change owt for me. I will still go to only a few odd midweek games each season. moan like fuck all the time, and hark back to halcyon days when I used to go home and away and we was good.

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme f***ing Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

Presumably you'd never heard of NUFC a decade ago?

:lol:

You haven't a clue.

I remember the whole 'Supporters for Change' thing, back in 89/90. Think a couple of lads on here were involved - possibly Merlin and Ian W? Some stayed away from games, as the war between McKeag and Sir John Hall intensified. I was only 16/17 at the time and not mature enough to realize properly what was going on, as I still went to every home game. Now 20 years on, I know better. As for the clueless like Stu above.... *shakes head*

Personally, I'm starting to realise that Mike Ashley is doing us all a massive favour and is quite possibly saintly in his intentions.

By alienating us all from our club so much that we are forced to stop buying merchandise, attending matches, wasting money in the pub on matchdays, etc he's actually looking to help us all through these financially constrained times by freeing up more of our money to spend on more rewarding and healthier pursuits such as spending more quality time with our loved ones at weekends and on weekday evenings, going for walks in the park, singing in the local Church choir on a Sunday...

...why, thank you, Mike. A knighthood is in the bag for you now for your endeavours for improving the state of the economy, society and public health in the North East.

Support for the club can only be expressed by defending it against people who are killing whatever you've ever known your club as. I'm inclined to think that must involve not putting any money into the club, including ticket fees. As long as he has your money, he's laughing at you.

Would be great if we could get (tens of) thousands turning out outside SJP on matchdays to follow games through the media and support from outside the ground... dreamland admittedly but would be a magnificent statement.

Support for the club can only be expressed by defending it against people who are killing whatever you've ever known your club as. I'm inclined to think that must involve not putting any money into the club, including ticket fees. As long as he has your money, he's laughing at you.

Would be great if we could get (tens of) thousands turning out outside SJP on matchdays to follow games through the media and support from outside the ground... dreamland admittedly but would be a magnificent statement.

Well said.

Seen it all before, fast forward two months and it'll be business as usual.

This is my fear.  It won't affect him at all unless it is really coordinated and sustained.  People will go back to feeling a bit disenfranchised, and say, "What can you do?  It's still my club."  Part of the power that anyone possesses is fueled by a collective belief in that power.  Take that belief away, and the Emperor's tackle is swinging in contempt. 

This is my fear.  It won't affect him at all unless it is really coordinated and sustained.  People will go back to feeling a bit disenfranchised, and say, "What can you do?  It's still my club."  Part of the power that anyone possesses is fueled by a collective belief in that power.  Take that belief away, and the Emperor's tackle is swinging in contempt. 

A few of my mates who would never normally have a bad word said about anything Black & White are going mad and I haven't seen that before.  I think it might be different this time.

Away games should be encouraged for our fans. As mentioned, Ashley gets nowt from it and the lads need the support away from home.

It's the games at SJP that should be avoided, imo. I think people should avoid going for as long as possible- show him that this is the last straw for us and that as long as he's here, we won't give him money.

I still care about Newcastle. Think Pardew did a good interview, and he's not the one to blame for this mess. Wish him good luck, though.

However, I'm fed up with Mike Ashley's way of running/handling Newcastle, therefore I'm not gonna follow the team with the same enthusiasm as before. I might get my enthusiasm back when that fat fucking cunt sells Newcastle. Time will tell.

Guest Brazilianbob

Now pardew is appointed manager we might as well get behind him as anything else is counterproductive.

As much as i believe he will fail i genuinely and fervently hope i am wrong and that he boosts us up the table whilst maintaining the togetherness cultivated and nurtured by (sir) chris hughton who will always have a special place in the hearts of geordies worldwide.for what he achieved against all the odds!

Now pardew is appointed manager we might as well get behind him as anything else is counterproductive.

Wrong way round - getting behind this disgrace is counter-productive. You might think Pardew as a guy is ok, I have reasons for disagreeing but never mind that - if he is decent he'll just get screwed, just like Hughton, just like Keegan, just like our club, just like you.

Wrong way round - getting behind this disgrace is counter-productive. You might think Pardew as a guy is ok, I have reasons for disagreeing but never mind that - if he is decent he'll just get screwed, just like Hughton, just like Keegan, just like our club, just like you.

I think everybody can see he has been talking to Newcastle Hierarchy behind Hughtons back for the past few weeks. The man is a snake in the grass and should be kicked out of the LMA (if that's possible).