Is Mike Ashley the worst person ever to have been associated with NUFC?

AlanSkÃrare

Everyone should read that ESPN piece and digest it fully. Spot on.

It is a bit of an eye opener. Maybe why outsiders like neil and brummie view the situation differently to the majority of Newcastle fans.

Other victims of the slump were Mike Ashley' date=' owner of Sports Direct International and Newcastle Football Club, who lost £203.4m[/b'], whilst easyJet entrepreneur Stelios Haji-Ioannou had £54m sliced off his fortune.

Read more

Other victims of the slump were Mike Ashley' date=' owner of Sports Direct International and Newcastle Football Club, who lost £203.4m[/b'], whilst easyJet entrepreneur Stelios Haji-Ioannou had £54m sliced off his fortune.

Read more

And on the last page they're saying he's doing really well :lol:

It is a bit of an eye opener. Maybe why outsiders like neil and brummie view the situation differently to the majority of Newcastle fans.

Yeah, it's a good article. I said a while back that it's too early to judge Ashley, and I still feel that. He has a long term plan but of course most supporters want things to happen now.

I actually like his ability to stick to his plan no matter what other people might be saying. Once an owner starts making decisions to please the fans is when things get dicey.

Yeah, it's a good article. I said a while back that it's too early to judge Ashley, and I still feel that. He has a long term plan but of course most supporters want things to happen now.

I actually like his ability to stick to his plan no matter what other people might be saying. Once an owner starts making decisions to please the fans is when things get dicey.

It's ok but nothing to special he still shows the club is lacking players and hasn't spent the money that was not expected. It also uses the Ashley quote of still having debt (which was basically player fee installments that most sensible clubs make use of) whilst Derek had said just before this quote that the club had no other debts than those owed to Ashley. The huge losses as they put it were over 3 years meaning they could be more than covered and paid for without causing the club any problems as long as the bank loans are not used to buy players there are no problems at all and ours weren't. Also don't forget these 3 years were when Ashley was in charge and had signed players under fat Sam that cost a fortune. All well and good backing his current work but don't forget he's the cause of many of the problems as well including cash flow through player contracts.

Guest Wally_McFool

Yeah, it's a good article. I said a while back that it's too early to judge Ashley, and I still feel that.

:joey:

Guest sicko2ndbest

He overpaid for the club which will be a real headache for him as he NEVER overpays for anything

He didn't have a plan when he came in so just went along with Big Sams ideas which was buying players on high wages. This policy has saddled us with Smith.

His craved popularity which is why he sacked Sam and replaced him with Keegan. What he didn't factor in to the equation was Keegan using his popularity against him (not a dig:))

He had enough and genuinely wanted to sell but could not recoup enough money to make it a viable sale

He is gradually paying off the debt to make it a club which is more attractive to buyers.

IMO he will sell at the first available chance once the price? Has been met

He overpaid for the club which will be a real headache for him as he NEVER overpays for anything

He didn't have a plan when he came in so just went along with Big Sams ideas which was buying players on high wages. This policy has saddled us with Smith.

His craved popularity which is why he sacked Sam and replaced him with Keegan. What he didn't factor in to the equation was Keegan using his popularity against him (not a dig:))

He had enough and genuinely wanted to sell but could not recoup enough money to make it a viable sale

He is gradually paying off the debt to make it a club which is more attractive to buyers.

IMO he won't sell at the first available chance because the price will keep going up.

IMO he won't sell at the first available chance because the price will keep going up.

Why? Because we'll be getting better every year? Get in, if thats the case I'll be pissed if he does sell. :lol:

Why? Because we'll be getting better every year? Get in, if thats the case I'll be pissed if he does sell. :lol:

Because we'll be making more profit while steering clear of relegation would be my guess.

Amazing really that although Fat Ash presided over one of the most shambolic seasons in the clubs history in 08/09, by good fortune a half decent team and management system fell into his lap.

And in just over twelve months he's put fire to that second chance he was so fortunate to stumble upon.

You couldn't make it up.

thought we could do something last season cos of that spirit.

All i hope for this season is survival and beating mackems at home.

I read it and digested it. The excuses are repeating on me, I think they were off and well past their sell by date, in fact it's left me feeling a bit sick.

Incidentally, this is an example of Alex Dimond's knowledge of the club and it's finances:

And is he actually taking that money back out of the club? As far as I can deduce the club is still running at a loss, and he is actually preventing that loss being worse by injecting up to £20m a year and sponsoring the stadium through Sports Direct (for which all seem to accept he does pay a fair-to-very-good market price to do, which probably couldn't be got from another sponsor). The Carroll money might not have been spent, but seems that's to balance the existing books rather than re-stock his own pockets.

His powers of deduction aren't that great are they.

During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to companies associated with Mr M J W Ashley, the ultimate shareholder of the company’s ultimate parent undertaking, MASH Holdings Limited. No consideration was paid or payable for these services.

£28.5 million (30 June 2009 £nil) is secured on future broadcasting income, of which £12.3 million is repayable in August 2010 and the remainder, £16.5 million is repayable after more than one year

It's not surprising that an article written by someone ignorant of the facts has been applauded as being astute by the people it has though.

Only a year until we're challenging for everything isn't it?