Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Funny as fuck how much of the Liverpool forum's post-match thread is dedicated to Roy Hodgson's face-rubbing. :lol:

Its the best thing I've seen in a long time that; god knows we have all felt exactly the same following Newcastle over the years.

Scoucers gutted how good Andy Carroll is and think Hodgson has had a breakdown, everyone commenting on his face rubbing antics... :lol:

They really want him gone, totally taking the piss out of him.

Should never have left Fulham, would still be quite happy to have him here.

watched it on MOTD

totally impressed with the team and the performance. Barton was beast and raped the scousers to death.

but the whole thing was ruined for me by the coverage, every goal we scored you saw FCC just up and hug the fat blonde cow next to him. then at one point you seen him rubbing his hands together in a gesture of "oh yes I'm right, and i'm gonna make loads of wedge"

disgusting bloke he's like a real live jabba the hutt

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Funny as f*** how much of the Liverpool forum's post-match thread is dedicated to Roy Hodgson's face-rubbing. :lol:

Worthy of its own thread really :lol:

which forum?

It's such a good feeling to beat Liverpool, love seeing their fans moan and groan and act like their worse off than everyone else! :lol: As mentioned above, Anfield would probably be burnt to the ground if they had to go through a fraction of crap we have with our owners over the past 30 odd years! Sympathy is always in short supply for that lot from me.

Fucking delighted with that result, but this doesn't change a thing in regards to Ashley. Get out of our club.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It's such a good feeling to beat Liverpool, love seeing their fans moan and groan and act like their worse off than everyone else! :lol: As mentioned above, Anfield would probably be burnt to the ground if they had to go through a fraction of crap we have with our owners over the past 30 odd years! Sympathy is always in short supply for that lot from me.

f***ing delighted with that result, but this doesn't change a thing in regards to Ashley. Get out of our club.

I agre plus may I add that it's comforting to see Lawro and all the other ex liverpool players who are now pundits utterly depressed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9279137.stm

Interviewer: The away form, it's a bit of a worry - 2 wins from 18 away from home in the Premier League...

Hodgson: Yes, for a team that wants to be in the top half of the table it's not good enough.

That'll go down like a s*** sandwich. :lol: :lol:

I just got to the bit where they've seen it. :mackems:

Which page?

A welcome result against a Liverpool side who are a pale imitation of past years - worse than the side we beat 3-0 and 2-0 in 93/94 in first PL season.

This match was the one, for me, in which Andy Carroll established himself as a genuine England player and one who should go on to become a real asset for whoever he plays for. Apart from the goal(which was much more difficult than it first appeared - he was around 25 yards out and the keeper was not unsighted), he gave them all sorts of problems and was involved in all 3 goals we scored.

I expect him to go on to become the Young Player of the Season by the time these awards are dished out.

Nasri will probably win the top award, but at this point in the club's development, we are better with Carroll than Nasri ; Arsenal have plenty of good players, NUFC do not and Carroll's physical threat is vital to the club.

Which brings me to the worrying sight of Ashley gleefully rubbing his hands together after Carroll's goal ;

I hope he doesn't think that Carroll's transfer value has risen by another 5m because nobody would put it past Ashley to get a quick 25m for Carroll if he could...esp if Spurs do a deal involving Pavyluchenko......

Apart from that, and a decent performance by Barton, the game changing moment was the subbing of Ameobi by Ranger - this boy could make a huge difference to the mobility of the forward line and we started to cause Liverpool problems when he began to chase and harry their defenders - something Shola NEVER does. If Pardew does nothing else, he will earn his corn if he can get some consistency out of Ranger and develop him as a player.

A vital and necessary 3 points - we will now see how Pardew will influence the side as he has several days to work with the players - I also look forward to the Transfer window with great interest....!

Dave thanks for that link. Very interesting reading.

I particularly loved the fact that no one knows who tiote is (or can spell him name correctly "Tiato" was my fav variant). And especially:

This actually hurts the most out of all the losses so far this season, it really does. I'm gutted.

Now we only have to do this again for the next ten games against this lot and I'll feel a bit of reconcilliation.

Fuckng pissed as a fart and very surprised by the result.

Been out all evening with my liverpool glory supporting mates.

Nice fight in one of the pubs we were in.  Some fat bloke picked a fight with a jamie theakston look-a-like and tonked him one.

Either way it's still CH team and the real test will be after rubber lips has signed some players in Jan

Basically they couldn't deal with Carroll (who can?) Absolutely blatant penalty level of holding of Carroll from that corner first half which could have made it 2-0 and given us something to praise Shola for.  Liverpool are also lumbering at the back, but it took young Nile to expose it. In midfield, they can knock it about when unpressured, but need Johnson to come forward to get any kind of drive or penetration. I thought Torres was simply isolated earlier in the season and he did great when he got support against Chelsea, but now he looks genuinely off the pace. He missed a chance he would normally score in his sleep. Ngog was also anonymous.

More than anything, I think this game and this season in general show we are reasonably good when close to full strength (even without HBA) but are very dependent at certain areas of the pitch where Smith, Perch, Guthrie etc. provide very poor backup.