The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think it's embarrassing how we haven't appointed anyone yet. Calderwood left over two months ago, and Pardew was appointed three weeks ago. The latest quotes make it sound like he still doesn't know who he wants, which I find very difficult to believe. I bet they're just not backing him.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/220676/Toon-to-give-Peter-Beardsley-new-5-year-deal/Toon-to-give-Peter-Beardsley-new-5-year-deal

GEORDIE legend Peter Beardsley is in line for a new five-year contract as Newcastle’s reserve-team coach.

It’s all part of Toon owner Mike Ashley’s long-term plan on Tyneside.

New boss Alan Pardew and players Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger have all signed five-year deals. Beardsley, who will be 50 this month, has impressed Ashley since he took charge of the reserves last summer.

Pardew, who replaced sacked Chris Hughton just over three weeks ago, has yet to name a No2 and has Steve Stone – formerly Beardsley’s second-string assistant – as new first-team coach.

One of the factors in Hughton’s axing is understood to have been his insistence that his right-hand man, after Colin Calderwood had quit to manage Hibernian, was an “external’’ appointment.

:facepalm:

"One of the factors in Hughton’s axing is understood to have been his insistence that his right-hand man, after Colin Calderwood had quit to manage Hibernian, was an “external’’ appointment."

Surely, therefore, our new assistant will have to be internally appointed.

"One of the factors in Hughton’s axing is understood to have been his insistence that his right-hand man, after Colin Calderwood had quit to manage Hibernian, was an “external’’ appointment."

Where was that from, if you don't mind me asking?

If that's the case btw, it's shocking.

Two posts up :laugh:

Two posts up :laugh:

Blame the whisky.  :razz:

What will really piss me off if Pardew gets an outside appointment, is why do they refuse to let Hughton do it, but allow Pardew? Fucking joke.

"One of the factors in Hughtons axing is understood to have been his insistence that his right-hand man, after Colin Calderwood had quit to manage Hibernian, was an external appointment."

What will really piss me off if Pardew gets an outside appointment, is why do they refuse to let Hughton do it, but allow Pardew? f***ing joke.

Because the board knew Hughton was only going to be there another few weeks/months. Would have been a lot easier for them to give Beardsley the Assistant role then relegate him again under Pardew than to appoint someone externally and to have to pay him off as soon as Hughton went.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/220676/Toon-to-give-Peter-Beardsley-new-5-year-deal/Toon-to-give-Peter-Beardsley-new-5-year-deal

GEORDIE legend Peter Beardsley is in line for a new five-year contract as Newcastle’s reserve-team coach.

It’s all part of Toon owner Mike Ashley’s long-term plan on Tyneside.

New boss Alan Pardew and players Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger have all signed five-year deals. Beardsley, who will be 50 this month, has impressed Ashley since he took charge of the reserves last summer.

Pardew, who replaced sacked Chris Hughton just over three weeks ago, has yet to name a No2 and has Steve Stone – formerly Beardsley’s second-string assistant – as new first-team coach.

One of the factors in Hughton’s axing is understood to have been his insistence that his right-hand man, after Colin Calderwood had quit to manage Hibernian, was an “external’’ appointment.

:facepalm:

Has a mince pie and apple on Ashley's desk every morning for him.

I hope not as his managerial career has been a disaster apart from the U21s.  But yet another ex Spurs player.

Feels like we are becoming some kind of feeder/sister club for Spurs.  They get our up and coming players - Bassong and Carroll (rumours seem rife on the Spurs forums) and we get all their has beens.

I hope not as his managerial career has been a disaster apart from the U21s.  But yet another ex Spurs player.

Feels like we are becoming some kind of feeder/sister club for Spurs.  They get our up and coming players - Bassong and Carroll (rumours seem rife on the Spurs forums) and we get all their has beens.

Managerial career doesn't really hold any baring on the appointment for me.

Carroll won't fuc*king go to Spurs. Simple as that.