The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's pretty mad, though while its not on the same level Calderwood was hired as a 1st Team Coach/Assistant after a management spell.

That's pretty mad, though while its not on the same level Calderwood was hired as a 1st Team Coach/Assistant after a management spell.

The following are all number 2's who have managed on a full time basis at some point:

Gary McAllister @ Villa

Sammy Lee @ Liverpool

Peter Grant @ Brum

Sandy Stewart @ Bolton

Brian Kidd @ Man City

David Kemp @ Stoke

Eric Black @ SAFC

Kevin Bond @ Spurs

Paul Groves @ WHU (weird title of senior coach though)

The following are all number 2's who have managed on a full time basis at some point:

Gary McAllister @ Villa

Sammy Lee @ Liverpool

Peter Grant @ Brum

Sandy Stewart @ Bolton

Brian Kidd @ Man City

David Kemp @ Stoke

Eric Black @ SAFC

Kevin Bond @ Spurs

Paul Groves @ WHU (weird title of senior coach though)

For some reason all those names look like people who are natural no.2's and more comfortable with it.

Sadly, that's what Ashley thought of CH too.

Coach link refuted

Malky Magpie?

not so, say Hornets 

Speculation on the identity of the coach who will be recruited to work alongside Steve Stone and Willie Donachie by Alan Pardew has now extended to the Watford manager, Malky Mackay.

The Hornets boss played under Pardew for West Ham and was the latest name to emerge in the press, following on from the likes of Ray Lewington Peter Grant  Chris Powell and Wally Downes.

However Watford Chief Executive Julian Winter responded to the speculation by telling the local Observer newspaper on Tuesday that:

"There has been no approach to the club of any kind.”

Can see a Mike Bassett scenario here, basically nee fucker wants it so we let any old wanker be assistant.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Josenufc3 José Enrique Sánchez

We have new assistant manager but dont ask me the name because i dont know hem

;D

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/9320049.stm

No contact but he doesn't exactly sound uninterested.

"It's flattering to be linked to such a big and prestigious club like that. But my focus is on Sunday [against Ipswich]," he added.

"You've got to look at these things as and when they come up and what the situation is, but at the moment my full focus is on us over the Christmas period here."

- To me that's the normal diplomatic "concentrating on the job at hand" that you normally get...and normally before they bugger off elsewhere.

Guest Rob 1988

Mark McGhee unemployed at the moment he would be a good  Assistant for Pardew IMO

What exactly would be good about Mark McGhee?

He is a ex Newcastle player and he knows what the club is all about and would give a some much needed  experience to coaching staff !

Imo he would be great but its never going to happen  :sigh: