The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Mark McGhee unemployed at the moment he would be a good  Assistant for Pardew IMO

What exactly would be good about Mark McGhee?

He is a ex Newcastle player and he knows what the club is all about and would give a some much needed  experience to coaching staff !

Imo he would be great but its never going to happen  :sigh:

I'm a bit reticent about that,the clubs unrecognisable from the one he played for.

Mark McGhee unemployed at the moment he would be a good  Assistant for Pardew IMO

He is a ex Newcastle player and he knows what the club is all about and would give a some much needed  experience to coaching staff !

I'm a bit reticent about that,the clubs unrecognisable from the one he played for.

i'm a bit reticent about mcghee being out manager in 12months.

Guest Rob 1988

i'm a bit reticent about mcghee being out manager in 12months.

year on second thought you are probably right !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/9320049.stm

No contact but he doesn't exactly sound uninterested.

why would he be interested in the assistant job here when hes the boss there  ???

The "promotion from within" quotes from the summer perhaps?

Reckon that's a big part. Already managed, when Pardew leaves, if Malky's still here he'll probably have it in the bag. If he takes the job of course.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

How long ago did Jose reveal we've got a new unknown assistant manager? Surely it should be sorted and revealed by now? :undecided:

Maybe Jose meant we are getting a new assistant but he doesn't know who it is yet... Hard to tell with his Tweets :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Carver slagged off Ashley the other day.  No way he's coming IMO.

That and his affinity to the club, Shearer, and I'm not sure Alan Pardew has worked or even talked to him before. Its pretty important to know your Assistant Manager, he's the bond between you and the team. I can't see past it being someone Pardew has worked with before, or is a mate of a mate he's heard about.

I'd be surprised if Pardew brought Carver in tbf. Even if it would be a good appointment in our eyes. If Carver's slagged off Ashley (not seen/heard anything of it tbh), and the fact he'd already have a better relationship with the team and fans for his previous with us than Pardew, he'd probably see him as more of a threat than help.

Guest michaelfoster

Reckon Carver is our man, just waiting for sheff utd to appoint their new manager which is expected in the next 24hrs.

Micky Adams confirmed as manager of Sheff Utd, Alan Cork will be his assistant. John Carver & Sam Ellis have left the club

Mark Stimson's just been sacked as Barnet manager. Ex-Newcastle player, Cockney, etc.

Stimo was f***ing hated when he played which makes ideal for Ashley to bring in. May as well get a fella who Pardew has employed as a assistant before & he remarkably thinks is a Geordie x-Newcastle captain Kevin Dillion.

“I’m not foolish. I’ve had Geordie friends like Kevin Dillon [a former Newcastle captain] text me and say ‘you have got to earn the right to be an honorary Geordie, so you had better start working hard’.”

Not sure who Kevin Dillion is then read: http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited/article.php?id=413