Dale Roberts

Tooj

Obviously it's a shame. But I'm in agreement that we can't put all the blame on those 2. They're cunts for doing what they did of course, just as everyone who cheats is. But he clearly wasn't the most mentally stable if he was to commit suicide.

I remember being close to it when I was a teenager over a lass. What a fuking dildo I was.  :lol: Couple of weeks later I was hanging out the back of something much better.  :thup:

Being a footballer he'd easily get some better fanny tbh. Idiot in my eyes, but feel really sorry for his family who he's bottled out on and has left to pick up the pieces. Tragic, RIP.

This forum is not only packed with football experts but also mental health experts.  Good to know.

Aye. Might as well close the place down, I mean we're not qualified to discuss anything :rolleyes:

This forum is not only packed with football experts but also mental health experts.  Good to know.

Aye. Might as well close the place down, I mean we're not qualified to discuss anything :rolleyes:

People can discuss all they want.

Agree with Frazzle tbh - it's not necessarily about him throwing a wobbler and killing himself just because his lass cheated on him. If you're prone to depression you're prone to depression - any number of things could have been going on with this being one of them.  Admittedly it doesn't help when The Daily Mail chooses to report it in such a way, but that's the Mail for you.

Anyway, RIP.

Guest toonlass

Might not have been totally the fault of Terry and Dale Roberts' lass but it probably played a part. Hope they do feel guilty. I do feel sorry for Dale Roberts. He was obviously in a lot of mental pain to kill himself, you don't hang yourself as a cry for help. Shame that the lad felt he had no other option.

Well, some of the comments in here are so ill informed and ignorant that maybe subjects as sensitive as this should just be left. It'd be interesting to see Ronaldo go through a bout of depression and see if his attitude changed.

Where exactly have I revealed myself to be insensitive to depression? I didn't say I had no sympathy whatsoever for the lad.

And my post is far away from the most harsh in this thread, so why is it that it's my attitude being scrutinized?

I've got to say, i've limited sympathy with anyone who commits suicide, especially over a fucking woman. RIP.

Second sentence especially is just :facepalm: worthy. That's what I was picking up on. Killing yourself over a women is perhaps a bit extreme but it's almost certainly not just that which made him do it. (imo)

I've got to say, i've limited sympathy with anyone who commits suicide, especially over a f***ing woman. RIP.

Second sentence especially is just :facepalm: worthy. That's what I was picking up on. Killing yourself over a women is perhaps a bit extreme but it's almost certainly not just that which made him do it. (imo)

So we can't make 'ill informed' comments, but you can? :lol:

I'm not going to subject you to a sob story but I've been on anti depressants since I was 14. I just don't like it when these sort of comments get aired like these people who are suicidal are in a good frame of mind and are thinking clearly, they're not and for that reason alone they deserve sympathy.

I'm not going to subject you to a sob story but I've been on anti depressants since I was 14. I just don't like it when these sort of comments get aired like these people who are suicidal are in a good frame of mind and are thinking clearly, they're not and for that reason alone they deserve sympathy.

Of course they deserve sympathy, but you can't say it's not just the woman any more than we can say it is just her.

Where exactly have I revealed myself to be insensitive to depression? I didn't say I had no sympathy whatsoever for the lad.

And my post is far away from the most harsh in this thread, so why is it that it's my attitude being scrutinized?

Because you strongly hint at an absurd/bitter antipathy towards just over half the human race (as well as most on this forum)?

Of course they deserve sympathy, but you can't say it's not just the woman any more than we can say it is just her.

That's all opinion and everyone's entitled to theirs. I was taking issue with some of the comments, but fair enough.