Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

What happened? Describe

Banks/Schmeical type of save from a bullet header by Pavshevchenko going down low to his left with the ball being palmed onto the inside of the post (and back across goal before being cleared). Last ditch, fast reaction, inches from being a goal stuff.

Tiote's been a bit disappointing, weakest of the midfield this afternoon imo. Playing right on the edge I can see him being sent-off.

Disagree, apart from the very odd occasion, he has kept the ball well and has made some good challenges. Isnt shying from the ball either. WR started well but faded, smith has barley had a touch. Guitt has been quiet. Barton MOM so far.

Loathed to say it but Perch hasnt put a foot wrong so far, lets hope i dont jinx him.

Need more going forward tbh, Routledge off Ranger on. O0

Tottenham have unsuprisingly not attacked much down his flank so far though.

Loathed to say it but Perch hasnt put a foot wrong so far, lets hope i dont jinx him.

He hasn't had to do much, Lennon has been invisible bar five minutes. Hopefully he doesn't wake up in the second half.

Worried about Tiote too, could see him being sent of or giving the ball away in what leads to a goal or them.

Tottenham have unsuprisingly not attacked much down his flank so far though.

Its the fear factor innit. :)

How's Tiote playing?

Zipping about covering/making challenges like he's got a rocket up his arse, but he can barely keep the ball. However, it could just be because he's got no options ahead of him and the midfield looks a tad disorganised in general.

We're battling and battling atm. No goal threat so far.

Just watched the save again. I didn't realise it hit the other post too on the way out! My heart just dropped.I thought Krul saved it but it went in.

WHAT A SAVE!

Same here, head in my hands "FUCK! moment. Couldn't believe it when it went passed (off) the other post.

Was that Tiote getting booked? So he'll miss the next match again? On the whole we've been defending well, some luck, and next to no possession football going forward with Carroll being the only hope. I will be ecstatic if we get out of this 0-0. That save showed Krul's excellent reflexes but the Nasri save was better.

Considering how woeful we are at creating chances from general play today we must make better of our set-pieces. They've been nothing short of diabolical. However if we can keep them shut out for the first 10-15mins of the 2nd half then who knows. But its going to be tough.

Howay the lads!!

I'd give it no more than quarter of an hour to chuck Ranger on and give it a real go. Tottenham have looked more dangerous so far, without creating any clear cut chances (Pavlyuchenko's header was as good as the save that prevented it from going in). A win here is unlikely but far, far from impossible. Routledge has been wank - he needs to buck his ideas up or we might aswell just revert to the trusted Barton-on-the-right formula.

Come on.