Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Awesome save.

Is it just me or is this ref a bellend? A fairly flagrant two-handed push on the back of Tiote and nothing given with no other distractions going on?!

falling for the spurs players falling over whenever carrolls shadow goes near them

Great save... saved our bacon. If we'd conceded there it'd have been extremely difficult to get back into the game.

We're doing okay but can't keep possession having only one man upfront. The midfield is battling well but we're not very organised. Barton and Tiote are buzzing all over the shop, the latter giving away the ball like there's no tomorrow. Does Smith know where he's meant to stand?

Routledge has been extremely wasteful. I'd take him off and bring Ranger on fairly soon. There's no harm in going 4-4-2 imo.

What did he do?

1547: What a fabulous save from Newcastle keeper Tim Krul. Alan Hutton sends over a cross from the right and Roman Pavlyuchenko flashes a header goalwards, Krul brilliantly tipping it on to the post and the ball rolls along the line and away to safety.

Reasonably happy tbh. Need to keep working hard to keep them out though, and see if we get an opportunity.

Hopefully Spurs will tire with having 10men for a bit t'other day but if we tire I think they'll score. Midfielder (Barton and :tiote: in particular) are everywhere at the moment, be hard to keep it up for the full 90.

I honestly thought that was in, and then I see it bounce off Krul, 2 posts and out .. brilliant.

On a less positive note, Spurs will be making some tactical changes to get at us. They have been much shitter than their usual selves and no doubt they will do something about this. We are offering nothing going forward, Carrol winning some headers is about all. Tiote is booked and Smith is running around fouling everyone. Still seeing nothing but a complete miracle to suggest we will get anything from this game.