David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6~7 million for Bentley would be a fair price.

That seems like a ridiculous amount of money for us because we're skint, but it's really not a huge price for most Premiership clubs.

it's not the club but the player.

6-7mill for a player who hasn't played regularly for 2 years and appears to have other issues is a bit much.

If we're primarily looking at a bunch of spurs players, surely it gives them the advantage when it comes to haggling...

Without actually knowing what's going on I'm starting to think it'd be better if we just told them to Fuck off for trying to steal Carroll and took our business elsewhere.

If we're primarily looking at a bunch of spurs players, surely it gives them the advantage when it comes to haggling...

Without actually knowing what's going on I'm starting to think it'd be better if we just told them to f*** off for trying to steal Carroll and took our business elsewhere.

there is no advantage, either party only sells when they think they are getting value.....unless a player forces the issue.

That seems like a ridiculous amount of money for us because we're skint, but it's really not a huge price for most Premiership clubs.

6-7mill for a player who hasn't played regularly for 2 years and appears to have other issues is a bit much.

For an England international who's still only 26 and last moved for 15 million pounds while being touted as the "next Beckham?" The only reason he's not going for double digits is because he's "damaged good"

He has over 50 appearances for Spurs, by the way. It's not as if he's been doing a Xisco for the past two years.

For an England international who's still only 26 and last moved for 15 million pounds while being touted as the "next Beckham?" The only reason he's not going for double digits is because he's "damaged good"

He has over 50 appearances for Spurs, by the way. It's not as if he's been doing a Xisco for the past two years.

england international...means nowt, think of some of the crap we've watched.

15mill tag.......luque,boumsong etc

touted as the next beckham, bogie was the next gazza

like i've said i'd take him on our terms but 6-7 mill is too much. a ben arfa type type loan with fee if so many games deal would be ideal.

still rather our "prority" was a forward,creative cntre mid or left mid though.

From that "This is London" article a page or 3 back...

Keane and Bentley are valued at around £12million and it will take another £8m on top of that for Newcastle to consider the deal.

I know it's only paper talk but if we flogged Carroll for Bentley, Keane and £8m I'd be frankly furious.

Keane value: Zero, maybe £1-2m max. Wants out, not playing and over the hill - this would be his last move.

Bentley value: £3-5m. Basically hasn't kicked a ball for a year and wants out too.

Redknapp needs to be told to gtf just out of principle, the massive twitchy-faced bellend that he is.

It's nonsense, obviously, the main reason you'd be looking to pick up Bentley and Keane would be precisely because you've got Carroll. I wish people would stop talking gibberish about some players' worth though. Players are worth what you're willing to pay, and Keane and Bentley will be decent players for a lower Premiership team. Prices are settling down now, but Kenwyne Jones went for 8-9M, Poulsen for 4.5M, Koscielny and Gyan for over 10M. I'd say Keane 3-5 and Bentley 5-7 sounds reasonable separately. It's wishful thinking to think you'd get both for max 7M.

I agree with this, though I'd put Keane closer to the 3 and Bentley closer to the 7 (maybe a little more).

Don't get this transfer if it goes through. Is he a better choice than Barton as a right mid? We going back to 5 in midfield? Drop Tiote, Nolan or Barton for him? 7m is too much for him imo and I think he will end up being a squad player.

Don't get this transfer if it goes through. Is he a better choice than Barton as a right mid? We going back to 5 in midfield? Drop Tiote, Nolan or Barton for him? 7m is too much for him imo and I think he will end up being a squad player.

i could see barton in the middle that would put bentley out wide.

don't agree with it but i could see it.

I am still of the opinion that Nolan goes missing too often during important periods of the game and if it meant dropping him and seeing how that went then fair play for trying it. From what I have seen of Bentley the past few seasons I am not a huge fan however and can see him being another passenger that we feel we have to play because of his profile.

Really Don't want him. Smells of Duff all over again. Winger leaves small club for a bigger one and then can't make the step up. He's not the same player he was in in 07-08 season. If he was, he'd be playing at least a little bit at Spurs.

Guest kingdawson

It's only really this season he's barely been used.

Exactly. People keep talking about Bentley being out of favour and disliked be Redknapp straight away when in actual fact he was the regular right midfielder when Redknapp came in. Doesn't really add up does it.

I am still of the opinion that Nolan goes missing too often during important periods of the game and if it meant dropping him and seeing how that went then fair play for trying it. From what I have seen of Bentley the past few seasons I am not a huge fan however and can see him being another passenger that we feel we have to play because of his profile.

barton in the middle drops far too deep though and we end up playing with two DM's, albeit with one that can pass over 20 yards. maybe with ben arfa and carroll up top to hold the ball that wouldnt be so bad, but it doesnt work with the options we've got up top currently.

Really Don't want him. Smells of Duff all over again. Winger leaves small club for a bigger one and then can't make the step up. He's not the same player he was in in 07-08 season. If he was, he'd be playing at least a little bit at Spurs.

It's nothing like Duff.

It's nothing like Duff.

Yeah, but he stills smells like him.