Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/01/11 - post match reaction from p39

Dave

totally dominant. not that surprised really, im usually pessimistic but i thought that wigan lineup looked utter pap. should have more goals - hopefully crap finishing from a couple of our players doesnt end up costing us points.

shola started really well i thought - other than the miss - but has faded a bit. lovenkrands has been busy but lacking cutting edge and quite weak on the ball when he drops deep.

defensively we dont look entirely confident, fortunately wigan havent had enough to exploit this yet.

Can't get over that Lovenkrand's chance.

I understand trying to come back on to your strong foot if you're on the edge of the box - but from that distance? You don't even have to swing your foot - just hook your foot into the right shape and it's in.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't think Loven has been that awful, I said in the other thread lack of game time means he's very rusty in getting the ball into his feet, he's been alright.

Fantastic first half performance. Really, really pleased.

Bar one dodgy kick, Harper has looked assured, Barton has just oozed class, Shola and Lovenkrands are both playing well and linking up quite well and Jonas is having one of his good games.

A bit disappointing that we haven't put this game to bed, but Wigan have looked terrible and we've dominated, both aerially and on the floor.

Jonas could have taken the ball around the goalkeeper, Lovenkrands could have done a bit better from his chance in the six yard box and Colo's header off the crossbar - my word :lol:

No changes at HT for me, keep it up lads :thup:

Guest neesy111

Should have the game sewn up.

Get Lovenkrands off ffs, the guy is hapless infront of goal.

I see your Lovenkrands and raise you Taylor.

:lol:

I'm still laughing at how amazing Coloccini's header would've been. :lol:

Ditto. Would have been goal of the season for me.

On another note. We are not playing good. Sloppy passing, players running into each other paths even in possesion. We won't win unless play improves in the 2nd half, as Wigan will step it up a notch.