Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Aye Pardew's said "we'll know by Thursday" for a few players, at least Carroll, Jonas & Shola IIRC.

You reckon he'll say though? I reckon we wont know till half 11 on Sunday

I'd lie like f*** if I was Pardew. Say all 3 are out. Turn up on Sunday with them all in the first 11, could be fun.

Pardew will say they're all out but he'll not have realised that Jose has updated his facebook page saying everyone is fit and raring to go!!

To add insult to injury, the St James’ Park DJ decided to play the Monkees’ hit Daydream Believer after the match, a song that Newcastle fans had used to taunt him throughout the game.

It was a song choice Bruce condemned, accusing Newcastle of showing “no class whatsoever”, and he has vowed to get his revenge on the club he supported as a boy, both on and off the pitch.

“The post-match music is my choice and the club are a bit scared of it,” he said. “I am not saying what it is, but I’d love to get my own back.”

What a massive bitter bent faced cunt. Really hope we win.

i don't get this sudden idea of putting gosling in the middle, or colo, or steven taylor...i'm sure someone even put perch there.

barton and nolan in the middle seems bloody obvious to me.

Yep. The only issue would be whether it should be Guthrie or Routledge on the right. Both are equally weak mentally but I'd probably go with Routledge to start as at least he has a go.

To add insult to injury, the St James’ Park DJ decided to play the Monkees’ hit Daydream Believer after the match, a song that Newcastle fans had used to taunt him throughout the game.

It was a song choice Bruce condemned, accusing Newcastle of showing “no class whatsoever”, and he has vowed to get his revenge on the club he supported as a boy, both on and off the pitch.

“The post-match music is my choice and the club are a bit scared of it,” he said. “I am not saying what it is, but I’d love to get my own back.”

What a massive bitter bent faced cunt. Really hope we win.

It's unbelievable how much shite he comes out with and how often he contradicts himself.

Never before have I seen a manager and set of fans so bitter and wound up over a result before, I fucking love it :lol:

As I've said before (meh, it's worthy of a repeat), probably the funniest quote from any manager I've heard this year was (as well as him saying their season was based on beating you), "With 67 days to go to the next derby, we need to exact revenge. Not that I'm counting the days or anything." :lol:

Nah, no way he'll ever claim to be a Newcastle fan anymore. He only said it for soundbites when it suited him. He's got nothing to gain by it now, so the puke-inducing fat face turncoat will never say it. Thank God.