Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2011/01/13/steve-bruce-is-planning-revenge-in-derby-61634-27977228/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Everything about that article is embarrassing. All this shite about revenge and his players having a plan. Where the same players not on the pitch for the 5-1? Also he said Newcastle had no class with their post match music, yet he mentions his plans to do the exact same thing? ???

Cards on the seats, big flags.

As per, Sunderland making a ham fisted attempt to copy Newcastle.

bet these cards are the lyrics to some stupid song they are planning to sing if they win, to try and get back at us

only problem is most of them half a heeds cant read

It's obvious what it needs to show.

#######                        #

#                                        #

#                                        #

######      #####        #

#                          #

#                          #

######                          #

Anyone nervous yet?

I've pretty much accepted that the fact that we're missing our best central midfielder (who helps our other central midfielder play well), plus we'll probably have a half-fit attack and the that we humiliated them 5-1 so they'll be looking for revenge and that we're at their place, means that we'll probably lose so I don't feel nervous at all.

Needless to say that come Saturday afternoon I think we'll stand a chance if we can play and counter them well, and come Sunday morning I think that we'll stand a great chance, and come kick off I think we'll definitely win :lol:

As someone mentioned earlier, the media seem to be hinting towards a Gosling start;

Harper

Simpson      Williamson  Coloccini      Enrique

Gosling        Nolan

Barton                                                Jonas

Ameobi      Carroll

If we start with this team, we give ourselves a great chance (apart from the Gosling risk).

I expect them to have alot of possession, but in the end the game will be decided on who is the most clinical in front of goal.

If we get crosses in the box via set-pieces or otherwise we stand a great chance. However, if we let them get in between our midfield and defence their strikers could cause us real problems without Tiote covering.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2011/01/13/steve-bruce-is-planning-revenge-in-derby-61634-27977228/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Everything about that article is embarrassing. All this shite about revenge and his players having a plan. Where the same players not on the pitch for the 5-1? Also he said Newcastle had no class with their post match music, yet he mentions his plans to do the exact same thing? ???

“The players at the end of that week all went out together to the local restaurant and we had a conversation"

:lol:

According to the SSN poll, Liverpool v Everton is the biggest derby this weekend  :iamatwat:

Liverpool fans seem to be the only ones sad enough to vote on anything like that. Anytime a player of theirs is up for Goal of the Week, they always seem to win it, no matter how shite the goal was in comparison to the others.

Guest neesy111

According to the SSN poll, Liverpool v Everton is the biggest derby this weekend  :iamatwat:

Liverpool fans seem to be the only ones sad enough to vote on anything like that. Anytime a player of theirs is up for Goal of the Week, they always seem to win it, no matter how shite the goal was in comparison to the others.

Because the rest of the UK have jobs unlike those bin dippers, so can't watch SSN through the week.

Guest VegasToon

Bruce and sunderland are setting themselves up for a massive fall with all this revenge talk. Perfect

All the pressure is on them and they keep adding to it.

Actually feeling really relaxed about this derby now. Nobody can take away our great day last Halloween - as long as they don't slaughter us back, although if we're capable of a 5-1 they are too. But I think the strong personalities in our squad (Nolan, Jose, Barton, Carroll) won't let that happen. They'll beat us obviously, but we'll put up a lot more fight than they did.

Gosling is a massive risk, but to be honest its a much better option than Smith or Guthrie. At least playing Gosling has a chance of paying off!