FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't think it's in danger of getting extended like.

This thread alone shows there is room for appeal. It'd be harsh for them to say it was a 'frivolous' appeal. We can just send Foluwashola and sicko in with Tiote :pow:

:lol: Tiote would look class with two white sidekicks.

Is this a 1 match or 3 match ban ?

I cannot see them extending it.. its will just be a yes or no

So we may as well appeal... F they did say no and extend it, that would be an utter disgrace.

Not heard one pundit say they thought it was a red card.

Nolan;

That was not a sending-off in a million years. Even the centre half said afterwards Tiote didn’t touch him. You do anything to win the game, but he stayed down a long time for a centre half.

If they were to take into account the overwhelming swell of opinion and evidence that argues it was a fair challenge, we might have a chance. Just can't see them seeing logic!

i just see them watching the 4 or 5 espn views and after the first one saying it was a deffo red, then after watching the rest telling him he can play in sunday.

i'm very honest in how i see my football, barton v liverpool was a red, nolan v everton was a red, i've stated tiote has been lucky to get away with some this season.....but on this occasion he should be in the clear.

Nolan;

That was not a sending-off in a million years. Even the centre half said afterwards Tiote didn’t touch him. You do anything to win the game, but he stayed down a long time for a centre half.

Just felt the need to roll around on the floor like a prick for a few minutes after for the hell of it eh? :dave:

I'd just like to put on record (in case it wasn't f***ing obvious) that I really hope the red card is rescinded. We need him playing and I'd be delighted to be wrong. :lol:

Oh aye, I f***ing pray that I'm wrong also.

Same (obviously) :thup: He's our only fucking hope.

Guest Heneage

Nolan;

I seem to remember him holding his ankle, quite surprising when you consider he didn't touch his ankle.

I don't know what the rules are regarding dangerous play. If you get the ball, is it still considered as dangerous (in strictly 'rulebook' terms)? If it isn't - meaning, by the letter of the law, Tiote's challenge was legal - this is one of the few instances where i think the referees should allow common sense to veto a rule.

It was a ridiculous way to go in on the player, perilously close to causing serious damage, and definitely warranted a red card. Players shouldn't go in like that and it's about time it was cut out of the game. I'm still seething over the De Jong thing, which was just as reckless, so you can't really have double standards. Really annoyed with Cheick tbh. :undecided:

Talking about Poll...

Here is the version of Graham Poll as far the the tackling and red card goes:

Gerrard's challenge was different to the one by Newcastle's Cheik Tiote at Stevenage on Saturday.

To be fair to referee Andre Marriner, at full pace it looked wild, but with the benefit of replays it was clear Tiote had scooped the ball away and a yellow card would have been more appropriate because of the nature of the tackle.

Marriner seemed unsure about which colour card to show and, again, where doubt exists, the benefit of any doubt should have gone to Tiote.

It has been clear for years

jump in with both feet and you are at serious risk of a red card

end of story

Personally I'm in favour - if you remember what it used to be like with the likes of Wimbledon, Leeds etc etc

Guest Loven11

From .com :

"There was no intent. I've watched it three times and I've gone to see the referee and I will definitely appeal that because I think that's really harsh on the boy. He was obviously trying to get us back in the game and make an impact.''

Post-match comments from Alan Pardew regarding his dismissed midfielder Cheik Tiote. Under the fast-track regulations, the matter will be settled before Newcastle return to action against the mackems next Sunday.

So yeah looks like we have or we are going to. I really hope it's rescinded anyway, desperate to have him in for this match.

The differance between this and the De Jong challenge is that Nige's trailing leg was in the air and cutting through Ben Arfa's knee, the old "scissor challenge". Although both were hard lunges and both were fairly needles under the circumstances, Tiote's trailing leg was always pretty much grounded.

Can fully understand why a referee would give a red card though to  be honest as it's a tough one to call live, but after viewing the replays it certainly wasn't worthy of a red.

Guest Brazilianbob

There isn't a chance it will get overturned.

Both feet off the floor, which basically means it was a sending off, Tiote's ban will stand.

Agreed, if the feet are off the floor, you are out of control.  Fair do's he won the ball, but if the other player had put in an unexpected burst of speed and been where the ball was, Tiote wouldn't have been able to avoid a potential leg breaking tackle because he was off the ground.  The ban will stand end of!