Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

How can Villa be tight on money with O'Neill so he walks, then splash £18m on Bent?

They could have kept O'Neill and gave him that kind of money and be sitting in 6th right now instead of near the bottom.

They did receive £25M for Milner.

We desperately need someone who can score goals, that's the main failing with us at the moment (as a view of the match yesterday will tell you).

Bent will do it.

I see RTG is down.

your overpaying due to desperation i'd say

We desperately need someone who can score goals, that's the main failing with us at the moment (as a view of the match yesterday will tell you).

Bent will do it.

I see RTG is down.

Is this fresh investment or is someone out the door to cover some or all of this cost? (i.e. Ashey Young off?)

Bruce wants to play one striker up front, so will better suit him. Will likely now sign Sessegnon and Muntari.

Can't fault Villa. Bent guarantees goals with decent service, and Downing, Young and Agbonlahor and Heskey will make his life a lot easier.

How come that guy wouldn't give MO'N anymore cash now he's spending 20m on Bent?

Because O'Neill was a jerk. And he refused to move on the players he was flat out refusing to play at all.

Zog, Muntari, Sess and Larsson? can't pick all of them

Probably Muntari and try to get Keane

If they spent the funds on Muntari and Keane I'd probably die of laughter.

Both players who have been good in the PL though, but selling Bent makes no sense, he just wanted to go and at the same time they probably think Gyan will be enough

Yes, but Inter will get some free cash for a shit player and they'd be spending money on a 30 year old striker. It would be 100% lols.

How come that guy wouldn't give MO'N anymore cash now he's spending 20m on Bent?

Because, as i have been saying since the summer, MON was not told he could not have more money, he was told he had to do something about the unused dross on high wages that MON signed and was not using.

MON agreed to, then decided not to, then stropped off.

The press bought into this "selling club" / "lost interest" bullshit because the vast majority of them were so keen to suck MON's cock over it.

Guest neesy111

Bruce wants to play one striker up front, so will better suit him. Will likely now sign Sessegnon and Muntari.

Can't fault Villa. Bent guarantees goals with decent service, and Downing, Young and Agbonlahor and Heskey will make his life a lot easier.

Muntari doesn't want to join them, he's already stated that.