Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

So in summary:

1. Villa didn't do anything wrong

2. Quinn didn't keep Bruce up to date

3. Sunderland wanted to sell the player (was he unhappy generally?) but made out like Villa had sought after Bent in some sort of illegal/immoral way - and surely if there had been any 'tapping up', a complaint would be swiftly lodged?

4. Bruce is whining on in the media as though they've been treated unfairly (hypocrisy on many levels), but really it's Saint Niall he should be annoyed at.

Is that far off the mark?

So in summary:

1. Villa didn't do anything wrong

2. Quinn didn't keep Bruce up to date

3. Sunderland wanted to sell the player (was he unhappy generally?) but made out like Villa had sought after Bent in some sort of illegal/immoral way - and surely if there had been any 'tapping up', a complaint would be swiftly lodged?

4. Bruce is whining on in the media as though they've been treated unfairly (hypocrisy on many levels), but really it's Saint Niall he should be annoyed at.

Is that far off the mark?

that roughly sums it up

Completely shopped.

It's not.  :lol:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/ollysherwood/eea6e4ca.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/ollysherwood/8f83f646.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/ollysherwood/022ba1e6.jpg

Love this comment:

"you fooking dick licker"

Me: you do realise you're not getting £24m? £5-6m, i.e. your first payment from Villa, is going straight to Spurs. 6m of the 'whole' fee is add-ons, some of which you may well not see. It's clear Bent just wanted to leave and for Bruce to be complaining about it is stupidly hypocritical on numerous levels. It's also obvious you're just annoyed because your darling Darren has said he'd rather be at a team who are much further down the table.

Mackem: yeah but i dunno just dont like villa, angry at bent but at least we got 24m.

:facepalm:

Me: you do realise you're not getting £24m? £5-6m, i.e. your first payment from Villa, is going straight to Spurs. 6m of the 'whole' fee is add-ons, some of which you may well not see. It's clear Bent just wanted to leave and for Bruce to be complaining about it is stupidly hypocritical on numerous levels. It's also obvious you're just annoyed because your darling Darren has said he'd rather be at a team who are much further down the table.

Mackem: yeah but i dunno just dont like villa, angry at bent but at least we got 24m.

Yeah but in Mackem fantasy land they ARE getting £24m, Bent left for the money because no-ones a more attractive option than Sunderland and they're going to sign Benzema for some outrageously low fee.

Yeah but in Mackem fantasy land they ARE getting £24m, Bent left for the money because no-ones a more attractive option than Sunderland and they're going to sign Benzema for some outrageously low fee.

to be fair, how many on here in the same position would be thinking that we had that cash to spend ? it still happens when people try to work out the profit ashleys made on transfers.

to be fair, how many on here in the same position would be thinking that we had that cash to spend ? it still happens when people try to work out the profit ashleys made on transfers.

So funny. Bent wanted to move to Turkey in the summer but Sunderland blocked the transfer, Turkey! Just shows how desperate he was to get out of that shithole.

So funny. Bent wanted to move to Turkey in the summer but Sunderland blocked the transfer, Turkey! Just shows how desperate he was to get out of that shithole.

details please.

Actually aye, I do sort of remember some rumours ganning round that one of the big 2 in Turkey had made a massive bid for him (massive as in the Villa bid), was on RTG I think. Just wrote it off as typical bullshit at the time, interesting to hear there was some truth in it and that Bent did actually want out all along! Very embarrasing for Sunderland, this kind of thing could set them back on the 3 years of progress they've actually made. Shame.

Remember that little allegiance the mackems formed with Villa, when Villa beat us to send us down? I can remember images of a badge incorporating the club crests of both of the 2 horrible clubs being posted somewhere on here. Well, i think thats over now;D

Funny that Bents' left the mackems, but i would love Villa to go down.

Funny you mention that. I feel people need to insinuate this more.