John Carver

Guest neesy111

Ashley will stretch this out for as long as possible to deflect attention from the transfer window. Carver will get the job permanently or be appointed "caretaker" until the end of the season at the end of January.

Ashley will stretch this out for as long as possible to deflect attention from the transfer window. Carver will get the job permanently or be appointed "caretaker" until the end of the season at the end of January.

Knowing NUFC, we'll save Pardew's job by beating them to the relegation spots.

A while back Carver visited a mate of mine's school and did a whole talk about motivating yourself, achieving your dreams etc.  Ended on a Yoda style note of how you have to tell yourself you're going to get the ultimate thing you want in life, rather than just that you want it, or are going to try and get it.  Then to end his speech he said "One day, I will be Newcastle United manager."

Hopefully this little stint in charge counts enough for him to tick that one off.

A while back Carver visited a mate of mine's school and did a whole talk about motivating yourself, achieving your dreams etc.  Ended on a Yoda style note of how you have to tell yourself you're going to get the ultimate thing you want in life, rather than just that you want it, or are going to try and get it.  Then to end his speech he said "One day, I will be Newcastle United manager."

Hopefully this little stint in charge counts enough for him to tick that one off.

:lol:

It's a bit of a tragedy really, a fan who desperately wants the job but just isn't good enough when he finally gets the opportunity, I'd feel sorry if I wasn't sure he'd drag his loved club into the ground.

It's a bit of a tragedy really, a fan who desperately wants the job but just isn't good enough when he finally gets the opportunity, I'd feel sorry if I wasn't sure he'd drag his loved club into the ground.

He's not a fan he supported Wolves

I just don't understand the mentality of people like Carver. The team was booed in both his games and the evidence was everywhere that he was out of his depth yet he thinks he's capable? How does someone so deluded do so well in life? If he gets the job he'll be hounded out by the fans, he'll threaten our PL status and he'll forever be up there with Kinnear and Pardew as one of the most hated men at Newcastle in recent years. As a so called fan why would he want that?

He's probably ruined any chance of staying on as an assistant now too because he'll no doubt have it in for the guy who took his dream job.

Love Carver like.

You know how the Nazi's liked their aryans to be blone haired and blue eyes? Well if there was a Geordie "ideal", it would be Carver.

Opinions change. Hardly a person on here does disliked Carver before Pardew turned him.

I just don't understand the mentality of people like Carver. The team was booed in both his games and the evidence was everywhere that he was out of his depth yet he thinks he's capable? How does someone so deluded do so well in life? If he gets the job he'll be hounded out by the fans, he'll threaten our PL status and he'll forever be up there with Kinnear and Pardew as one of the most hated men at Newcastle in recent years. As a so called fan why would he want that?

He's probably ruined any chance of staying on as an assistant now too because he'll no doubt have it in for the guy who took his dream job.

No doubt views it as an opportunity, even if he is only in the job for six months it might kick start a managerial career for him. If someone else comes in, they will probably bring in their own coaching team - or at least want to. Carver could be out of a job for years.

Guest firetotheworks

I proper love John Carver. I've never known anyone associated with the club that seems so much to be one of us.

Ugh. Yuck.

Guest firetotheworks

How do you find your old posts without tedious trawling? "Search this topic" only finds quoted posts.

Rely upon the fact that you've been a gobshite and will have given your opinion within the first 3 pages. That's my method.