John Carver

Guest neesy111

never have I in all  the years of supporting the club from the early sixties to the present day, and I've seen some sh*t, been so dispondent with the present setup and no way of getting rid of the present owner, firmly believer that  regardless how much was offered he would keep hold of us just because he can to p*ss us off.

I hope he gets p*ssed all over at Rangers just to show he can't have all his own way all of the time.

If Carver gets the job we may as well  just give up until Ashley leaves, infact I think I probably will just do that. Why put yourself through it?

Yup - I mean if the owner couldn't give a fuck to that level then how can any fan be expected to still give one?

Guest chopey

I wonder how much Carver loved the Newcastle fans after we got humped at Southampton and he ran over and angrily swore at them and offered some out for a fight. Carver is an Ashley/Pardew apologist and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team job. 

If Carver gets the job we may as well  just give up until Ashley leaves, infact I think I probably will just do that. Why put yourself through it?

Exactly, total show of Ashley's hand with this appointment. If it's a shocker or an average appointment people should be handing their season tickets back and voting with their feet because there is no excuse not to go out and get the best candidate we can. This is a real opportunity.

Guest neesy111

Didn't the club release a statement apologising for Carver too? Might be worth finding that and keeping it. Wouldn't surprise me if it mysteriously disappeared from the website.

Yes they did, released it 5 days after the incident.

Pretty sure he won't be getting the job unless it's just to see how the season while we wait on someone not currently available. Not sure where this optimism is from.

Based on..?

Just a hunch. I know nothing.

The good thing is, even if he does get the job permanently (which I doubt he will) he won't keep it for long. Unlike Pardew he doesn't even possess the nous to pretend to be a manager.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The good thing is, even if he does get the job permanently (which I doubt he will) he won't keep it for long. Unlike Pardew he doesn't even possess the nous to pretend to be a manager.

This is pretty much where I'll coming from. If he got the job it would be the shortest appointment imaginable imo.

Indeed. Pardew had unlimited smarm while Carver is already running out of his SBR anecdotes and his Geordie platitudes.

:lol:

He doesn't have the massive Pardewian ego to shield him from criticism/boos/etc and to keep plowing ahead. I think he'd at least have the decency to walk.

I can see him being on something similar to Kinnear's contract. I have to say though I actually think Carver will get a shot at it. Everything this week just looks like controlled PR. Calling the role head coach instead of manager is all too convenient when you read Carver's latest quotes about his experience as a head coach. Plus the shameless name dropping of Sir Bobby to try and get fans on side.

If Carver gets appointed we are certainly heading towards relegation. Even as shit as this league is at the moment, he's certainly a man with sufficient "qualities" to make sure that we get involve in a shitty survival fight.