John Carver

Guest neesy111

Can't see Carver getting it. Even harder sell than Pardew getting the job four years ago. He actually has no relevant credentials beyond having been s*** at his job at this club since before time.

I can see him getting it, wouldn't cost Ashley a penny...

*Insert SackCarver.com image*

I know it's a joke, but I can see him getting the job, us being possibly worse than with Pardew, fans calling for him to go and the southern media having even more of a field day about Newcastle(/s fans) :lol:

John Carver has offered a detailed explanation of his team selection after Newcastle United’s loss to Leicester in the FA Cup.

The Toon caretaker boss - who has applied for the job of head coach - feels that he played his strongest team.

When asked if the accusation that he fielded a weakened team was the wrong perception, Carver said in his post-game Press conference: “Absolutely.

“I put out the strongest team today other than Ayoze Perez.

“Perez is coming into the new culture from Spanish football and he’s one of our best players - one of our shining lights in a season when we didn’t even expect him to be in the team.

“We thought he’d be one for the future. He’s gone into the team and has been outstanding.

“If you had seen him after Burnley or the following morning at the training ground, he’d run out of fuel.

“For me to take a massive gamble 48 hours later would have been too big a gamble.”

Pardew also explained his other big-name absentees.

He said: “Daryl Janmaat had a problem with his groin.

“Moussa Sissoko - both of his hamstrings were tight and I didn’t want to risk that.

“Coloccini had a problem with a nerve leading into his buttock. Steven Taylor we lost because of a snapped achilles.

“Even this morning we had Jack Colback with us as he travelled with us despite having a tight hamstring.

“Unfortunately he felt worse this morning.

“That’s why I didn’t take the gamble and he wasn’t even on the bench.”

Carver said that his big hitters will also be needed as they look to hit 40 points as soon as possible.

He said: “The future of this football club is over the next few weeks.

“It’s important that we have people fully fit for the next game.”

I know he ticks a lot of boxes for Ashley but at the end of the day he'll lose a fortune in exposure and revenue if the bloke he picks takes us down which still could happen. It would take a holocaust of results and performances but the evidence is there that this bloke could indeed go on a run which puts under threat of relegation.

I wouldn't put him in charge of the fucking chip-run let alone in charge of my multi-million pound investment. (I know, I know, Kinnear..)

Ashley would have to be a sandwich short of a picnic to take him on full time, the guy genuinely ticks all the boxes bar the most important one... The Premiership party bus, we could be genuinely in trouble this far into the season. I honestly think this fuckstick would struggle to get us to 40 points from this point!