John Carver

Guest neesy111

I think I've gone from being the most optimistic I've been in a couple of years, to the most apathetic I've ever been.

It's not even Carver himself, really. It's the fact that his appointment is the very last nail in the 'care' coffin. They absolutely do not give one solitary shit about which way the football club goes. I don't hate Carver but everything about him just screams out-of-his-depth, this in spite of the fact he's been involved in the club during its most successful spells during my lifetime. He shouldn't be anywhere near the manager position but I don't blame him for wanting it.

I don't respect him, like, in the same way I had no respect for Pardew for being a patsy - cos Carver is simply coming across desperate, and making comments like some of those there almost look like he knows he's never good enough. It doesn't matter though, he could still easily get it permanently.

A farcical situation and one if the biggest mockeries they've made of the club since they got here. There is no respect from the board towards the club as a footballing entity.

I think I've gone from being the most optimistic I've been in a couple of years, to the most apathetic I've ever been.

It's not even Carver himself, really. It's the fact that his appointment is the very last nail in the 'care' coffin. They absolutely do not give one solitary shit about which way the football club goes. I don't hate Carver but everything about him just screams out-of-his-depth, this in spite of the fact he's been involved in the club during its most successful spells during my lifetime. He shouldn't be anywhere near the manager position but I don't blame him for wanting it.

I don't respect him, like, in the same way I had no respect for Pardew for being a patsy - cos Carver is simply coming across desperate, and making comments like some of those there almost look like he knows he's never good enough. It doesn't matter though, he could still easily get it permanently.

A farcical situation and one if the biggest mockeries they've made of the club since they got here. There is no respect from the board towards the club as a footballing entity.

I'm putting off this conclusion until the summer, but it's looking like it's going to get impossible to even pretend there's any point in us.

Different managers (or head coaches) have different ways. At Newcastle it’s differed throughout the Mike Ashley era.

Sam Allardyce would often be up to an hour late for his Press conferences but would talk for almost as long and ensure that the different media got different lines.

Kevin Keegan always found time for both the nationals and locals. Let’s just say Joe Kinnear was unique.

We all know about his explosive first interview with the national media when he swore 52 times.

But he had a different relationship with the Chronicle and once invited me into his office for a cup of tea.

Using a magnet board with player names written on each football shirt shaped piece of plastic, he scratched his head with his team plagued by injuries, then asked me to pick a team![/quote]

:anguish:

I'm putting off this conclusion until the summer, but it's looking like it's going to get impossible to even pretend there's any point in us.

When the announcement was first made I had the same outlook, and I still have a modicum of hope. But it looks to me like Carver will need to be an absolute car crash for us not to go forward with him. He's gonna have to prove to them that they can't just employ any fucking nugget and they are gonna need to change their approach towards everything football-related.

I simply cannot bare begging for us to lose any more so I think id just prefer to try and not care at all.

Utterly devastating.

Speaking for the first time since being given the job until the end of the season, Carver made it clear he was happy to work under the restrictions set down by managing director Lee Charnley, even if few other managers or head coaches in the Premier League have nothing to do with such important matters.

Carver said: “My role is a head coach. I’m not interested in who is coming in or who is going out. I have to say I have done a similar job once before in America, and my role was exactly the same. So I am working under these conditions and I understand it.

How desperate can you get? Ashley should get him to wash the kits on a Sunday as well, I'm sure he'd gladly do it.

Guest reefatoon

The thing is, the club have dumbed down the management position so much, no real manager of any worth is going to be interested. It is basically a job now for a mong with a few cones, that's why Carver is lapping it up.

:lol:

When Pardew left I did think there was a chance they would appoint a manager, so I'm putting off total despair until Carver is confirmed permanently.

http://ashleyberges.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/i4hd_albert_einstein_definition-of-insanity.jpg

The thing is, the club have dumbed down the management position so much, no real manager of any worth is going to be interested. It is basically a job now for a mong with a few cones, that's why Carver is lapping it up.

I disagree, we are still buying half decent players, and while it's not ideal when managers have no input, when it's someone like Carver or Pardew that's a good thing. I think a good coach who shares similar football styles with Carr could get a lot more out of the players available. That's why Garde would have been such a good move. I think he would work well with Carr.

Guest reefatoon

How do we not know Garde didn't just laugh in their faces and walk away after they put forward what they expect from him.  I just can't see anyone of any worth wanting to basically stop being a manager to come here and be a glorified coach with no kind of say in anything. 

Tbh I think McLaren would be an improvement on Pardew, but can't say I'd be thrilled at the appointment either.

Who of De Boer, Garde, Galtier etc would accept having no control of transfers? They'd surely want final say.  I don't have a problem with the trio of Charnley, Carver and whoever the head coach is working on things together but the manager has to final say.  He's after all the one who picks the side and will set the clubs footballing philosophy going forward according to Charnley himself.  It just doesn't make sense!

On Totalsport last night, Anderson kept responding to anyone who was against Carvers appointment, by saying that any new manager wouldn't have a say in transfers, as had been stated previously by Charnley in that interview.

He completely avoided the fact that a potentially better head coach from the continent, would be used to working under similar 'restrictions', but could do better than his mate, JC.

As stated on here last night, bringing in a new manager now could/would be better, to work with the squad until the summer, given time to assess what he's got, so he can advise Carr/Charnley what he'd like, rather than coming in summer and having less time.

Pundits/Carver supporters seem to ignore the fact that his management/head coach record over all the jobs he's had, just isn't very good. Yet they keep harping on.. "he's been at the club so long, he deserves the chance".

How do we not know Garde didn't just laugh in their faces and walk away after they put forward what they expect from him.  I just can't see anyone of any worth wanting to basically stop being a manager to come here and be a glorified coach with no kind of say in anything. 

That's not what they've said though.  They've just said the head coach won't have the final say on transfers. 

On Totalsport last night, Anderson kept responding to anyone who was against Carvers appointment, by saying that any new manager wouldn't have a say in transfers, as had been stated previously by Charnley in that interview.

He completely avoided the fact that a potentially better head coach from the continent, would be used to working under similar 'restrictions', but could do better than his mate, JC.

As stated on here last night, bringing in a new manager now could/would be better, to work with the squad until the summer, given time to assess what he's got, so he can advise Carr/Charnley what he'd like, rather than coming in summer and having less time.

Pundits/Carver supporters seem to ignore the fact that his management/head coach record over all the jobs he's had, just isn't very good. Yet they keep harping on.. "he's been at the club so long, he deserves the chance".

That's not actually what Charnley said though. What he actually said was that the manager would have input, he just wouldn't have the final say. I think that's the case at a lot of clubs. Carver is just trying to get a step ahead on the ladder by saying he'll happily do the job with no say at all.