John Carver

Guest neesy111

"Newcastle Q & A

Robert Logan asks: do you think Carver is still in the running for the job? #nufclive

Mark says: The last time I did some serious digging - over a month ago, it must be said - he most certainly was. And my colleague Lee Ryder has reported he's still a front runner.

My feeling on it is that he surely can't be now, having taken 10 points from a possible 54. That's awful. But NUFC have a tendency to sometimes fly in the face of public opinion...."

I doubt Carver has a clue what the decision makers at NUFC really think. And if he hasn't got a clue, you can bet Lee Ryder or Mark Douglas don't.

So, is Carver hanging out with his best mate the maintenance man from the elevator here?

http://www.nufc.com.pl/nimg/carver_02.jpg

And for some reason this picture cracks me up. :lol:

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article8466988.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/John-Carver.jpg

And for some reason this picture cracks me up. :lol:

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article8466988.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/John-Carver.jpg

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr2uplSPIt1qkiqdko1_500.gif

Not saying I particularly like him but pardew was a sly complicit snake. Carver is just like a dog with two tails who's too dense to see he's not good enough or being hung out to dry. Pardew is the ultimate hate figure for me, bar 'this is for Mike' Ashley.

Guest chicken little

'Proof is in the pudding'

and the pudding in this case, is a football.. john carver has football pie* all over his shirt.

* steak bake

John Carver is still hoping he’s done enough this year to be offered the head coach position on a permanent basis,  and he expects he will know within 48 hours after the final whistle blows to end the season on May 24th when we are at home to West Ham.

It’s been another awful season for Newcastle fans, and we have brought a lot of this on ourselves this year – which make it even more difficult to take.

John Carver – hope to get job on permanent basis

The 50 year-old was pointedly asked if he thought he would not get the head coach position now, because the club has plunged down the table under his short reign.

This is what John said:

“No, because I have the job.” “They have to take it off me now!” “But there has been nothing discussed. We have just focused on these two games.”

“I am going away on holiday on the Wednesday after the West Ham game so I would like to know where I am by then.”  “But I want no discussions from now until the West Ham game is finished.”

“I don’ t think it’s right, I think it’s important we have to keep all our focus on these games.” “Because of the circumstances I would love to see how anyone else would react.”

“I spoke to Tony Pulis after the game on Saturday and he said it was quite incredible what I’d had to put up with regarding injuries and suspensions.” ‘That is bad luck. It is not mismanagement by the club.”

“I had enough players. At one stage I had a full team missing. Our squad of 26 is not a bad size – not many people have 11 players missing at one time.” “But my pride has been hurt by the run of results. I want to do something about it in these last two games.”

The club was mismanaged in January by Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley, and Newcastle should not have allowed the squad to become even weaker – which is what happened.

Newcastle should have strengthened the side but we didn’t, and while it’s true we have had lots of injuries coupled with some stupid suspensions picked up by the indiscipline of our players – the squad was paper-thin to start with.

We’d be very surprised if John Carver gets the job full time, but Newcastle have made so many weird and illogical decisions in the last six months – we don’t know what they will do – and we know that Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and Graham Carr all like Carver.

But the fans will hardly be pleased if a coach who has just two wins in 18 games and has plunged Newcastle into a relegation fight, gets the job full time.

But with this Newcastle club owned by Mike Ashley – you just never know what will happen – logic doesn’t seem to come into their decision-making sometimes.

John Carver has had a tough time of it this year, and we are just hoping he can keep Newcastle in the Premier League with at least 4 points in our final two games, and that will certainly help him regain some of his pride.

And John’s done his very best this year – we know that.

:idiot2:

And that NUFCBlog needs fucking shut down!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-never-considered-himself-9259572?

When asked if he felt he wouldn’t be around after the West Ham game, Carver said: “I am going nowhere.”

Carver’s role of assistant manager is due to kick back in at St James’ Park if he is told he won’t get the job full-time.

And if Newcastle do go for a different head coach he is expected to stay on and assist a new face.

Can't see how the concept of dictating to prospective new managers who their assistant is could possibly go wrong.