John Carver

Guest neesy111

"John Carver will begin his summer holiday tomorrow but while his future is not completely clear in terms of the head coach job, he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July." :anguish:

http://i.imgur.com/CYRZBZj.gif

:lol: It's nearly NFL season anyway.

he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July.

Repeating on what has already been said in this thread, but what has he demonstrated to show he deserves to continue working at the club from his last calamitous 5 months? I don't understand what thought process or interview pitch would amount to him remaining in any position as a good idea.

he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July.

Repeating on what has already been said in this thread, but what has he demonstrated to show he deserves to continue working at the club from his last calamitous 5 months? I don't understand what thought process or interview pitch would amount to him remaining in any position as a good idea.

Cheap.  Does what he is told.

It's ok. We are heading towards a new direction. Ashley's going to continue investing in the club, we will take competitions more seriously. Every reason to believe him and be optimistic. This is going to be THE summer.

They will drag this on while feeding the media bits and pieces about this name or another, until we just quietly start the season with Carver in charge. Sometime in January or so after a decent result he'll be given an eight-year contract and have the "caretaker" title removed.

In the mean time, we'll be too busy with the "manager search" to sign players. It won't affect our selling at all though.

"John Carver will begin his summer holiday tomorrow but while his future is not completely clear in terms of the head coach job, he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July." :anguish:

He categorically said in January that if he didn't get the manager's job here, he would look to be no 1 somewhere else. If as I expect, we appoint a new manager, he really should piss off. Otherwise what was the point in coming up with such guff in the first place?

This is shit but only what we expected. The teaboy looks like he wouldn't say boo to a goose so no way was he gonna tell  Charver to do one. Can just see him now, yes John I understand the pressures you were under, I agree no other manager in the galaxy could have achieved better, tell you what come back in July and we'll take it from there. Have a lovely hols  :idiot2:

Some people seem convinced he's got it, but I've got no idea what they're basing it on. Some ITK, or some such.

The ITK who was spouting the crap about him getting the job has quietly disappeared.

He categorically said in January that if he didn't get the manager's job here, he would look to be no 1 somewhere else. If as I expect, we appoint a new manager, he really should piss off. Otherwise what was the point in coming up with such guff in the first place?

He's got no shame, man.  He'll gladly stay as assistant should the miracle of miracles happen and we get someone else in.

He's got no shame, man.  He'll gladly stay as assistant should the miracle of miracles happen and we get someone else in.

Well obviously, I can remember when he said it I was saying on here, who would give him a job? He's a joke figure in football.

In any sane world, he should be in receipt of his P45 already, but unfortunately we don't live in a sane world.

:lol: No, we do. We just support some insane shit.