John Carver

Guest neesy111

Ryder now referring to him as "the head coach". Its obvious he is going to be the guy in charge moving forward. Too many stories being leaked regarding player backing, Janmaat and now Sissoko.

Apparently the Chronicle got a call from the club when they called him the "Interim Head Coach" in one of their articles to say they had to call him the "Head Coach".

What? :lol:

Some people seem convinced he's got it, but I've got no idea what they're basing it on. Some ITK, or some such.

The ITK who was spouting the crap about him getting the job has quietly disappeared.

I wasn't claiming to be an ITK or spouting crap, just passed on what I was told by a lad who usually has good info (ie like the teamsheet every week). There's others on this board who will vouch for the info this lad gets.

As for quietly disappearing, I've been up in Northumberland with the family today, is that okay? The fact that he hasn't been appointed today is great new to me, as would love nothing more than to be 'wide of the mark' on this one.

I won't bother passing anything on in future.

Pass on what you like mate, but even someone with inside information isn't necessarily in the loop where executive decisions are made. I doubt Carver is and he's the one who writes the team sheets your pal is always getting right.

Fair enough, still doesn't mean I was 'spouting crap' though does it?

Good to see our new media chief is correcting these inaccuracies...

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/Kim-Jong-un-517105.jpg

That little monster keeps his fade tight.

I genuinely believe the reason we might end up with Carver in charge is because nobody wants the job.

The fact that the manager is only allowed to do x, y and z and has to report to a man who was nothing but a secretary until recently is not exactly an ideal career move for most.

How many of us would quit their job, relocate your family and take on a role where you have less powers, responsibilities, salary and your boss was most recently a volunteer at AgeUK?

I genuinely believe the reason we might end up with Carver in charge is because nobody wants the job.

The fact that the manager is only allowed to do x, y and z and has to report to a man who was nothing but a secretary until recently is not exactly an ideal career move for most.

How many of us would quit their job, relocate your family and take on a role where you have less powers, responsibilities, salary and your boss was most recently a volunteer at AgeUK?

What's that based on?

Do you follow my posts around looking for little snide comments?

Re-read my post, and realise that I stated "I GENUINELY BELIEVE"... and then below my statement I gave an example of why somebody would not want the job.

What's that based on?

Re-read my post, and realise that I stated "I GENUINELY BELIEVE"... and then below my statement I gave an example of why somebody would not want the job.

:lol: not at all no.

Fantastic contribution.

You make Lee Ryder look like a journalist.

What's that based on?

:lol: not at all no.

Fantastic contribution.

You make Lee Ryder look like a journalist.

Back the fuck down. :lol:

If you get touchy over that, you are in for a torrid time on this board.

If people on the internet upset me, I think I'd be best suited to rocking in the corner of my bedroom  :laugh:

Just felt the first response to my post was ridiculous, making a point for the sake of it - the answer to his question was the line below the highlighted part in bold.

Apologies for the Ryder comparison, nobody deserves that.

They haven't spoken to ANYONE about the job so it's a little early to start thinking nobody wants it. ;)

But we made a list? All the hard work was done in January?

We're not starting over are we? We know who we want and we're going to get him :frantic:

Think if Carver hadn't done so badly (inc acting like a psycho in the media) they would have given it to him ie cheap and route of least hassle. But they are in two minds now and probably will find a half decent manager but not someone who is going to come in and rock the flimsy boat.

They haven't spoken to ANYONE about the job so it's a little early to start thinking nobody wants it. ;)

But we made a list? All the hard work was done in January?

We're not starting over are we? We know who we want and we're going to get him :frantic:

Think if Carver hadn't done so badly (inc acting like a psycho in the media) they would have given it to him ie cheap and route of least hassle. But they are in two minds now and probably will find a half decent manager but not someone who is going to come in and rock the flimsy boat.

I can't wait to hear, "John Carver has been appointed Newcastle United head coach as they could not get anybody else over the line".

The only reason he has not been told he's not got the job is because he is Plan B.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/05/independent-rankings-of-all-20-premier-league-managers/

Rock bottom. Much like his face which looks like a bottom with rocks glued to it.

Bianchi Boy 29 minutes ago

The anti-Pardew stuff from our lot is frankly, insane.

Pardew had his hands tied by the fat man on recruitment and budget. Apparently, despite that, we don't like Pardew because (shock! horror!) he didn't publicly berate his employer.

Howay man, get in the real world.

Pardew has proved he's a decent coach both with us and Palace. A hard bloke to like, but a better manager than we will ever give credit for.

crediblejustin736 1 hour ago

I remember a certain season when Pardew guided newcastle to fifth. Lets give him time, please

Hard to disagree with that tbh.