John Carver

Guest neesy111

As far as I am concerned, as long as the club have not confirmed it will not be John Carver it will be John Carver, same as last January.

I think the 'no announcement' tactic is the most likely as well, just let it run on into the season. Especially if we announce a few player signings.

As far as I am concerned, as long as the club have not confirmed it will not be John Carver it will be John Carver, same as last January.

Yep he's the man in possession, therefore the choice if/until we are told otherwise. Should have been sacked by now, just comical how much of a lack of any footballing knowledge the Owner and MD have, no excuse for him still being associated with this club 3 days after the end of the season.

Yep he's the man in possession, therefore the choice if/until we are told otherwise. Should have been sacked by now, just comical how much of a lack of any footballing knowledge the Owner and MD have, no excuse for him still being associated with this club 3 days after the end of the season.

This completely. No other club in existence would still have employed such a clueless inept cunt with an appalling record. As soon as the season was finished he should have publicly executed

Contrast this to Real Madrid. The guy that delivers la decimal is sacked because he had the temerity to only finish 2nd and reach the semis this year

Contrast this to Watford. The guy who won 21 of his 36 games in charge...dumped because he asked for a pay rise

Carver...rewarded for being the worst manger this club has ever seen. It beggars belief

Some people seem convinced he's got it, but I've got no idea what they're basing it on. Some ITK, or some such.

The ITK who was spouting the crap about him getting the job has quietly disappeared.

I wasn't claiming to be an ITK or spouting crap, just passed on what I was told by a lad who usually has good info (ie like the teamsheet every week). There's others on this board who will vouch for the info this lad gets.

As for quietly disappearing, I've been up in Northumberland with the family today, is that okay? The fact that he hasn't been appointed today is great new to me, as would love nothing more than to be 'wide of the mark' on this one.

I won't bother passing anything on in future.

Pass on what you like mate, but even someone with inside information isn't necessarily in the loop where executive decisions are made. I doubt Carver is and he's the one who writes the team sheets your pal is always getting right.

This completely. No other club in existence would still have employed such a clueless inept cunt with an appalling record. As soon as the season was finished he should have publicly executed

Contrast this to Real Madrid. The guy that delivers la decimal is sacked because he had the temerity to only finish 2nd and reach the semis this year

Contrast this to Watford. The guy who won 21 of his 36 games in charge...dumped because he asked for a pay rise

Carver...rewarded for being the worst manger this club has ever seen. It beggars belief

To be fair that one isn't a great example, its the kind of thing we'd do and be crucified for, penny pinching.  But aye you're completely right about this bunch of clowns, clearly the worst Football board on the planet.  So bad that its hard to believe they aren't doing it deliberately, I mean I know they aren't, but its just baffling how wrong they are at almost every Football related decision.

Guest Gino14

Imagine having your worst nightmare about the decision the club could make, waking up screaming and crying into your pillow.  Was the nightmare about Carver? Yes?  Then it will be Carver.  This is the way the club has operated for years, at least for me anyway.

I'm assuming it's him until we confirm someone else, for sure.

I'm not sure. I think they're well aware of what will happen if he's appointed and he's only on the list in case all of the others f*** us off.

Thanks  :thup:

Still means I'm not 100% giving up, yet ...

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The annoying thing is that he hasn't ruled himself out of the job despite being a soopafan 

Trouble is I think he's our fallback option when we get blown off by everyone else so they don't want to burn bridges with him :lol:

I hope today's reports aren't true that Kean has been approached though ffs.

Ryder now referring to him as "the head coach". Its obvious he is going to be the guy in charge moving forward. Too many stories being leaked regarding player backing, Janmaat and now Sissoko.

Apparently the Chronicle got a call from the club when they called him the "Interim Head Coach" in one of their articles to say they had to call him the "Head Coach".