John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest Howaythetoon

There is definitely a change in approach and in fact how we play under Carver. We seem to try or rather want to get at the opposition a bit more and we are less direct down the middle. That said, we are still a shambles as a team and rely massively on the individuals.

What did Carver say after the match about Abeid?  I was in the car earlier and had total sport on and they were saying something about JC blaming Abeid for the Stoke equaliser and something about not following instructions.

Was just trying to get to the end of the season. Was really trying to give him the benefit of the (huge) doubt and watch some football but for him to come out and say this confirms he's 100% a bloody idiot.

Going to Palace on Wednesday then I'm done for the season. Fucking idiotic time wasters.

@dpcoverdale: Carver on Pardew: "Me, Woody and Steve Stone would have a laugh and joke and say, ‘Do you think he will take us to England with him?’ #nufc

:anguish:

:lol: he blatantly just wants Pardew to return the favour. It'll be hilarious if The King blanks him on Wednesday, not even a handshake, he's beneath him now.

“Me, Woody and Steve Stone would have a laugh and joke about it – we’d say ‘do you think he will take us to England with him?’ “That was us – we’d have a bit of craic in the golf club. He was focused on this job, we used to have a laugh and joke about it.

If this guy is made permanent manager, I don't think I could bother anymore. He's so terrible.

How can someone be so unaware of how to speak and how to carry themselves, at his age? I actually find it a bit disturbing. He's a really inadequate person.

Having watched the recording of the game, I tend to agree with Nath about the Stoke possession - they made far more co-ordinated attacks on our goal than we did on theirs; they didn't have much ability to finish though so we basically survived.

Although there is more movement from Newcastle players now than when Pardew was in charge, Carver has still adopted much of Pardew's style. There is far too big a gap between our m/f players & forwards when the opposition are attacking in our half, therefore when we get a break out, the ball often gets picked up by an opposition defender who has plenty of time to set up another attack because he is not being put under pressure by any of our midfield.

This is particularly obvious when you play only 1 main forward and the sight of Perez trying to battle 2 large Stoke defenders when high balls were played up to him was ludicrous. Perez is doing his best and remains a threat but we are going to ruin this lad by using him this way. We all know that Cisse is not a decent target man and lacks genuine pace, so until there is a player brought in who can do this we will struggle for goals. Colback hasn't got the pace to get up and down the field quickly and only Sissoko(and possibly Abeid)have the potential to do this.

I suspect that part of the reason Carver is playing this way is because of Williamson and, to a lesser extent, Coloccini's legs starting to go - if we get caught by playing our m/f higher up the pitch in the opposition's faces, neither CB has the pace or ability to catch a breakaway forward although Colo at least can read a game and position himself to intercept players.

Ashley is highly unlikely to address either the CB or CF(even less)problem because it costs big bucks so the side is likely to play the same way for the foreseeable future.

If we fail to get a result at Palace on Weds, the next month - and April - looks fraught with danger and those last 9 points(I don't agree that 36 is enough)will be hard to achieve...a nail-biting finish awaits.

@dpcoverdale: Carver on Pardew: "Me, Woody and Steve Stone would have a laugh and joke and say, ‘Do you think he will take us to England with him?’ #nufc

:anguish:

:facepalm:

Summer can't come soon enough. Just want it confirmed, whether we'll get a proper manager or if we're stuck with this chancer.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd find it fucking hilarious if he ever ended up as England manager tbh. Nationwide realisation, the crowd settling to a din of murmered questions. "Why's Henderson never subbed?" "Why aren't we playing Sterling?" "Why are we hitting it long to Sturridge?" "Why's Andros Townsend playing as a second right back?" "Another floated cross to Cahill at the back post! It doesn't work!"

Newcastle, West Ham, Reading, Southampton and probably Crystal Palace fans by that point just sat there with smug, shit eating grins on their faces.