John Carver

Guest neesy111

The gig's his man. 'Promote from within' 'pound for pound' if you turn up next season with him in charge you're a head case.

Absolutely this.

Anybody buying a ST next year is basically saying they are happy to be bummed by the regime.

We are absolutely f***ed to the high heavens if Ashley is delighted with 2 wins in 8. f*** sake.

Willing to bet he doesn't give a single f*** as long as we're not in grave danger of going down. Just stay up, that's the remit, just stay exactly where we are and he'll be cush.

Yeah, I totally and regrettably agree. However, we all know that 2 wins in 8 over a season is horrific relegation form. Surely even Ashley can understand that giving Carver the job full time for next season is an unavoidable disaster. Delighted FFS, it's pathetic.

Sadly it isn't - he has 9 points from 8 games which over a season would be enough to stay up, which is all Ashley is interested in.

I'm pretty certain the job is his now, barring some absolutely catastrophic results before the end of the season.

If they appoint Carver, they are just going to create problems for themselves in the future.

Is he seriously going to achieve a top 10 placing?  I can only imagine us fighting relegation on a regular basis.

If that is the case, then how will they continue to attract "talented" foreign players who they hope they can sell on for a profit.  The club will have to change its recruitment policy because they currently do not sign the right players for a relegation battle.

But I guess the short-term gain for the balance sheet is always more important than looking ahead.

Van Gaal managed the Barcelona team famously beaten 3-2 in a Champions League fixture at St James’s Park in 1997 thanks to a Faustino Asprilla hat-trick.

And his AZ Alkmaar side was defeated 4-2 on Tyneside a decade later, though Newcastle were knocked out of the UEFA Cup on away goals after the return leg.

Carver said: “Hopefully, it’ll be third time lucky and he’ll lose again.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/daryl-janmaat-and-tim-krul-help-john-carver-plot-a-third-st-james-s-park-defeat-for-louis-van-gaal-1-7136759

That's not what third time lucky means ffs you thick cunt.

Van Gaal managed the Barcelona team famously beaten 3-2 in a Champions League fixture at St James’s Park in 1997 thanks to a Faustino Asprilla hat-trick.

And his AZ Alkmaar side was defeated 4-2 on Tyneside a decade later, though Newcastle were knocked out of the UEFA Cup on away goals after the return leg.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/daryl-janmaat-and-tim-krul-help-john-carver-plot-a-third-st-james-s-park-defeat-for-louis-van-gaal-1-7136759

That's not what third time lucky means ffs you thick cunt.

:lol:

christ will they stop making him talk?  please...

That's not what third time lucky means ffs you thick c***.

:lol: :lol:

In honesty I now want us to lose more than ever. Relegation seems to be the only end to this f***ing torture.

Will it be better in the Championship?

The year we spent down there was one of the most enjoyable in the last 15 years as a fan for me. Winning every week, playing some great football and away from the burning glare of the premiership it allowed us to take stock and focus on what was happening on the pitch. Halcyon days.

Even if we went down and didn't come straight back up, would it be such a bad thing?

It wouldn't be such a bad thing, but that's not the same as wanting it to happen. Guess I would think differently if I thought there was any link between relegation and getting rid of Ashley, but I can't see it.

Surely the lack of financial incentive would be enough to force his hand though? No massive tv revenue, no large transfer fees to skim etc.

The only two things that are gunna get him to sell up is a silly offer from a billionaire (which doesn't look likely) or a massive drop in revenue (relegation). The 2nd one is more likely.

We could contribute to the drop in revenue by not attending but there's no appetite for it. For one I'm ashamed that our fanbase has demonstrated such apathy and a willingness to take it up the arse from Ashley. We should have stopped putting our arses on his seats and our money in his pocket a long time ago.

In honesty I now want us to lose more than ever. Relegation seems to be the only end to this f***ing torture.

Under Ashley, probably yes - even this crowd should manage to be regular Top 6 in the Championship and as everyone knows, the only aim under Ashley is to finish Top 10 and get knocked out of the Cups...

That is how far NUFC have fallen.

Under Ashley, probably yes - even this crowd should manage to be regular Top 6 in the Championship and as everyone knows, the only aim under Ashley is to finish Top 10 and get knocked out of the Cups...

That is how far NUFC have fallen.

Problem is, what's the point in winning every week in the Champ if your aim is just to get back up so you can return to the previous limbo? If you can ignore that bigger picture you may as well stay in the Prem.

Assuming Ashley wouldn't sell up of course, if he would then grand, I would take relegation in a second for that.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing, but that's not the same as wanting it to happen. Guess I would think differently if I thought there was any link between relegation and getting rid of Ashley, but I can't see it.

Aye, I can't see it either. I'm fucking sick of wanting us to lose. If it would make Ashley appoint a proper manager then fine, but it won't. We're stuck with Carver. It's grim but at the end of the day I prefer him to Pardew.

I fear there is a reason Ashley has said he is here till summer of 2016 minimum, that being that he is happy to stay for one season in the championship as long as we come back up, he would get the huge parachute payments after all. I think us being a yo-yo club would suit him nicely, selling a big star every now and then.

Guest Roger Kint

I fear there is a reason Ashley has said he is here till summer of 2016 minimum, that being that he is happy to stay for one season in the championship as long as we come back up, he would get the huge parachute payments after all. I think us being a yo-yo club would suit him nicely, selling a big star every now and then.

:lol: The parachutes are like 1/4 of what he would get by not going down. How would losing £75m every other year suit a tight arse like him?