John Carver

Guest neesy111

Pig-headed imo, the more people say he has failed the more he will cut his nose off to spite his face. The blokes worth £3500m, although he is tight as fuck I doubt he is losing any sleep over £80m and a half empty stadium.

Cost ££ to get rid of Carver plus an admission they got it wrong appointing him.  He'll not be going anywhere.

Yep

Carver and crew are on peanuts, it won't cost much at all to get rid of them.

I think it's gone way beyond "he won't pay them off because it'll cost him loads" and it's now "he's got no choice but to make a change as it'll cost him circa £80m if he does nothing"

I've come to the point where I actually don't care anymore. I'd happily sit and watch Newcastle rot down to Vanarama Conference League as long as Mike Ashley remains the owner. Unfortunately, Newcastle United ceased being a football club the moment Mike Ashley bought it, and those who sold it to him - and knew about his plans - I wish them all the worst as well. 

The only thing that would get me back is if Mike Ashley sells the club. Then, and only then, do I hope Newcastle avoid relegation this season.

The thing he said about Williamson yesterday was beyond insane.

Maybe he thinks he did do it deliberately, maybe he's right, but the absolute last thing he should do is accuse him of in in public.

It looked to me like Carver was trying to - and I almost use the word "impress" - put on a good "show" for the watching fans and / or media, a half-witted "look at me, I'm not taking any shit" move that was only ever going to backfire.

What possible impact does he think that will have on a bunch of players who have lost eight games in a row and are notably looking like they don't care too much? All that is going to do is make them care less and urinate all over any dressing room spirit there may be.

It's as if someone at Newcastle is actually wanting the club to go down. Madness.

Even without a manager coming in Carver has to be removed (and there is enough on him to sack him for misconduct without the need of a payout)

In that situation the team needs a unifying individual to take the lead of the club for the remainder of the season, someone the players know and trust.

The options are limited - all considered I think Jonas is the best option.

Carver seems to have declared war on his players, and his position looks untenable. Someone has to take over, even if we're talking about Beardsley or Stone.

All the bloke's been asked to do is take over for the next couple of games, possibly till the end of the season, until there's a permanent appointment.

Why not just wish the guy well and let him get on with it.

Sorry, but all this sniping gets on my nerves.

:lol:

Even without a manager coming in Carver has to be removed (and there is enough on him to sack him for misconduct without the need of a payout)

In that situation the team needs a unifying individual to take the lead of the club for the remainder of the season, someone the players know and trust.

Still persisting with this? :lol:

Maybe he thinks he did do it deliberately, maybe he's right, but the absolute last thing he should do is accuse him of in in public.

It looked to me like Carver was trying to - and I almost use the word "impress" - put on a good "show" for the watching fans and / or media, a half-witted "look at me, I'm not taking any s***" move that was only ever going to backfire.

What possible impact does he think that will have on a bunch of players who have lost eight games in a row and are notably looking like they don't care too much? All that is going to do is make them care less and urinate all over any dressing room spirit there may be.

It's as if someone at Newcastle is actually wanting the club to go down. Madness.

The players clearly have no respect for Carver and why should they?  He hasn't done a thing that I can look at and think that he could inspire anybody to do anything.  People often go on about players wages and think that should be enough to motivate them, it isn't and never will be.  Not having money might motivate you to do better and get money.  Once you have it you need something else to get you going and Carver isn't going to give the players that.

He's not helped by Ashley or Charnley as everybody on the planet must know our only ambition is to stay in the division.  We got to 35 points and switched off because it looked like we were safe, Carver was also to blame for that as he was talking about "Free games."

The players were motivated to get to 35 but not beyond that and Carver will not change that, he's a nobody with the charisma of a sewer rat and the players know that.  He's a caretaker manager so they will also know/think that they will out-last him if anything goes wrong and they can just move to another club and pick up another stupid wage.

It looked to me like Carver was trying to - and I almost use the word "impress" - put on a good "show" for the watching fans and / or media, a half-witted "look at me, I'm not taking any s***" move that was only ever going to backfire.

The players clearly have no respect for Carver and why should they?  He hasn't done a thing that I can look at and think that he could inspire anybody to do anything.  People often go on about players wages and think that should be enough to motivate them, it isn't and never will be.  Not having money might motivate you to do better and get money.  Once you have it you need something else to get you going and Carver isn't going to give the players that.

He's not helped by Ashley or Charnley as everybody on the planet must know our only ambition is to stay in the division.  We got to 35 points and switched off because it looked like we were safe, Carver was also to blame for that as he was talking about "Free games."

The players were motivated to get to 35 but not beyond that and Carver will not change that, he's a nobody with the charisma of a sewer rat and the players know that. He's a caretaker manager so they will also know/think that they will out-last him if anything goes wrong and they can just move to another club and pick up another stupid wage.

Agreed, the players have given up and have no motivation to listen to carver at all, It doesn't help when that clueless idiot stated that he could easily fall back into his caretaker job if he failed to get the head coach role.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it any less stupid.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it any less stupid.

But what are the intelligent alternatives. Appointing a new manager would be preferable but we have gone beyond the point of no return there.

So we need to look within ourselves. As far as I see it, the shortlist is the coaches:

Stone

Beardsley

Watson

Or the senior players:

Colo

Taylor

Jonas

What is the obvious choice.

The sheer notion that Coloccini could be any more motivational than Carver after the last couple of years is laughable. The guy doesn't give a fuck about the club anymore. Hopefully he fucks off back to Argentina in the summer. The fact he's our captain sums up the whole club.

Guest Bert Shaft

Steven Taylor as NUFC manager. Imagine it.

Would prefer Doris the tea lady or Ethel the bog cleaner to be NUFC manager tbh.

Meant Ryan Taylor. I'm using age and respect as a yardstick but for the purpose of highlighting that Jonas is by far the best candidate for caretaker of those at the club.

First problem I've got with Jonas being the caretaker is that is it a ridiculous idea.  Second problem is that he'll probably select himself.