John Carver

Guest neesy111

Tearing into him on sunday supplement.

Also saying McClaren could be in by lunchtime. Though this is just a rumour.

What did they say?

McClaren could be in by lunchtime.

:lol:

Tearing into him on sunday supplement.

Also saying McClaren could be in by lunchtime. Though this is just a rumour.

What did they say?

That they can never remember a manager previously making such a 'slanderous' claim against one of his own players, how the dressing rooms obviously lost, how Carver "being a fan" is all he goes on about and its not good enough. Be interesting to see how Williamson feels today, etc.

About McClaren - just that he may be appointed today so god knows.

Cheers. The financial ramifications for Ashley of turfing Carver et al out and replacing them pales in comparison to the ££££££ lost if we go down. Ashley is utterly clueless though so fuck knows what will happen.

He can't stay after all the in-fighting. He has to be sacked.

This is the man who's abused fans on two occasions and got away with it Scott free.

Yeah but he doesn't work with the fans on a daily basis. He can't just go back to his previous role and act like nothing has happened.

This is the man who's abused fans on two occasions and got away with it Scott free.

Yeah but he doesn't work with the fans on a daily basis. He can't just go back to his previous role and act like nothing has happened.

All the noise we've heard is he will go back to his job and see out his contract.

Ashley and untenable just don't go together.

All the noise we've heard is he will go back to his job and see out his contract.

Ashley and untenable just don't go together.

If it had happened in the middle of the season I'd agree with you, but we're in the midst of a relegation battle.

Guest chopey

I'm painting the ceiling, with ssn on mute, talksport on the radio and constantly checking Twitter and this forum for news .....he has to go today it's driving me round the bend

The next 24-48 hours are definitely do or die.  It's pretty safe to assume that if he stays we are down, we will lose our last 3.  Convincing ourselves we will be fine due to certain players returning no longer applies, if it ever did.

His sacking, along with Stone would hopefully galvanise the players to get that 1 win we need.  Just who comes in? Appointing McClaren at this stage just seems unlikely and a very un-Ashley thing to do

Carver seems to have declared war on his players, and his position looks untenable. Someone has to take over, even if we're talking about Beardsley or Stone.

Naturally, I'd prefer someone from outside, but who's available?

Carver seems to have declared war on his players, and his position looks untenable. Someone has to take over, even if we're talking about Beardsley or Stone.

Naturally, I'd prefer someone from outside, but who's available?

I'd take anyone for the last 3 games. Venables could get one win I'm sure.

His position would be untenable at a normal football club, this is NUFC though.  At any other club he probably wouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

My concern is that Charnley, Ashley both believe he can get that win we need from our last 3 games and survive by the skin of our teeth. 

Wouldn't it all be awfully nice and surprising if we were actually getting a really good manager, but they'd only be available in the summer, so keeping Carver in charge until then was the only option.

/slap

Forgot for a second that this is Newcastle United, never dare to dream! Come on Shteef, you're one of us now.