John Carver

Guest neesy111

Interview before the match - tells fans to turn on him not the players.

Interview after the match - says Williamson got himself sent off and the players are gutless apart from Colback

Not saying those comments after the game were wrong, but you can't get the players to fight for you by publicly slating them. Absolutely clueless. If he stays in a job from now on, the club is rotten and I hope we go down.

Guest axel

Interview before the match - tells fans to turn on him not the players.

Interview after the match - says Williamson got himself sent off and the players are gutless apart from Colback

Not saying those comments after the game were wrong, but you can't get the players to fight for you by publicly slating them. Absolutely clueless. If he stays in a job from now on, the club is rotten and I hope we go down.

He contradicts himself at least 2-3 times every day. For example when claiming he can take criticism on the chin in one second, then in the other asking for more protection etc.

Dunno why ben-nufc is getting so much grief like, he clearly stated that Carver is s****.

He said he felt sorry for him. That's why he's getting grief.

:lol: I do too, tbh. Said it earlier. He desperately wants to be better than he is.

But he isn't,so he should just go away.

http://i.imgur.com/PqQTCOh.png

f***ing disgraceful, and all stems from the top.

This is the crux of it all. The guy at the top doesn't give a fuck beyond making money for himself. He runs the club on a shoestring and employs a shoestring 'head coach' who's not up to it.

I know the players have to take some flak for our performances but they do need some motivation and some indication from the club that how they play matters. I can't imagine they look around NUFC as it is these days and see a club that cares.

I also can't imagine being on the pitch and looking back at the gurning faces of Carver, Stone and Woodman in the dugout is the most inspiring sight.

If those at the top aren't that bothered, why bother yourself?

It will be absolutely fascinating what Mike Ashley makes of all this and whether he decides to act. Does he trust Charnley to protect his asset to the end, risking losing millions in the process? Does Charnley have the confidence to see his bluff through? Has Carver's relentless self appreciation been based on assurances from above, and if so, will they cut him loose regardless? What will happen to his 5 year contract?

For what it's worth I don't think the club will act decisively as they probably see changing their opinion as a sign of weakness, and consequently as a worse option than seeing their gamble through. I also don't think they will be able to handle negotiating with McLaren (sigh) and Carver (to demote him or for a pay-off) without f***ing it up in the process. Schteve will be in no frame of mind for a relegation fight having just lost out on the playoffs, and from his perspective he will probably want to see what happens to us in the next few weeks first.

Mike and Lee have made their bed, and they will lie in it. The next few weeks will be absolutely fascinating. From one f*** up to the next and on and on we go.

Guest Hog

Exactly, as a player why would you bother making an effort at Newcastle United, knowing that your sole aim is to break even for the season. No winning of cups, no attempt at gaining European football, no massive wage incentive, it's a graveyard for any footballer that isn't actually bothered about playing football or furthering their careers/experiences.

Guest Gino14

It will be absolutely fascinating what Mike Ashley makes of all this and whether he decides to act. Does he trust Charnley to protect his asset to the end, risking losing millions in the process? Does Charnley have the confidence to see his bluff through? Has Carver's relentless self appreciation been based on assurances from above, and if so, will they cut him loose regardless? What will happen to his 5 year contract?

For what it's worth I don't think the club will act decisively as they probably see changing their opinion as a sign of weakness, and consequently as a worse option than seeing their gamble through. I also don't think they will be able to handle negotiating with McLaren (sign) and Carver (to demote him or for a pay-off) without f***ing it up in the process. Schteve will be in no frame of mind for a relegation fight having just lost out on the playoffs, and from his perspective he will probably want to see what happens to us in the next few weeks first.

Mike and Lee have made their bed, and they will lie in it. The next few weeks will be absolutely fascinating. From one f*** up to the next and on and on we go.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.  Every time it's time to act, we seem to have people in charge who just cross their fingers and hope for the best.  This time their gamble has failed and it's going to cost them £100m.  I hope it costs them a lot and hurts them financially at the very least, because it won't be anywhere near as much as the fans will hurt from the relegation.

For what it's worth I don't think the club will act decisively as they probably see changing their opinion as a sign of weakness, and consequently as a worse option than seeing their gamble through. I also don't think they will be able to handle negotiating with McLaren (sigh) and Carver (to demote him or for a pay-off) without f***ing it up in the process. Schteve will be in no frame of mind for a relegation fight having just lost out on the playoffs, and from his perspective he will probably want to see what happens to us in the next few weeks first.

I think they will act, they have to, from a business perspective (and we know that's all Ashley looks at things from) they most certainly have to. Carver has to be sacked completely, he's made his own position untenable with the players. The players won't want him even on the coaching staff after the comments today.

But of course you could be right as how often is it easy to predict what this lunatic running our club does.

Put it this way, if McLaren doesn't want to come in straight away, what options do they even have?

And if he would be willing to, does it even make sense to bring in a new permanent manager fighting for survival with 3 games to go, especially one who as far as I know is not known as a great motivational manager who can kick start a team in trouble, and who must be quite downbeat himself by the way he has just let the prospect of almost certain promotion slip through his fingers? What happens if he comes in, doesn't get a result and takes us down?

Personally don't think Mcclaren has the kind of big personality to make an instant impact on our team. The whole squad looks like they couldn't give a fuck and they need a huge lift. Tim sherwood might be a nutter, but he has a shit villa team playing with belief and spirit and that is what we need badly.

Put it this way, if McLaren doesn't want to come in straight away, what options do they even have?

And if he would be willing to, does it even make sense to bring in a new permanent manager fighting for survival with 3 games to go, especially one who as far as I know is not known as a great motivational manager who can kick start a team in trouble, and who must be quite downbeat himself by the way he has just let the prospect of almost certain promotion slip through his fingers? What happens if he comes in, doesn't get a result and takes us down?

I get what you are saying but we only need one win to be safe, surely ? With the fixtures we've got, pretty confident McLaren would get the new manager bounce to win one of them.

If Mclaren can't, won't come then the likes of Vegetables and all the past their prime outdated managers, hell sunderland managed to bring in a big name. That's all you really need here, a name more than anything else will surely kick some arse I know it didn't work with Shearer for us last time, but Shearer had a lot more work to do than we do.

Guest Bert Shaft

Fully expect fatty to appoint that nutcase JFK to take over for the last 3 games.