John Carver

Guest neesy111

Didn't he say his coaching contract would kick in if he didn't become manager loads of times?

He said he would be prepared to walk away if he didn't get the manager's job here. So what happened, did his legs fall off?

He said both, he obviously only ever meant what Ian W said.

Didn't he say his coaching contract would kick in if he didn't become manager loads of times?

He said he would be prepared to walk away if he didn't get the manager's job here. So what happened, did his legs fall off?

He said both, he obviously only ever meant what Ian W said.

Yes, he was full of shit, it was pretty obvious even then.

Part of the shame of this is that McClaren's coaches at Derby are meant to be excellent.  I'm sure I've read a few people say that Eric Steele is one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the country & Steve Round is definitely well thought of. 

But instead we'll have Carver & Woodman.

I can't see McClaren not bringing in at least some of his own staff tbh.

If we're stuck with the current jokers we're fucked and there's absolutely no way someone new coming in wouldn't also realise the sheer unprofessionalism and incompetence among Carver, Stone and co was in large part responsible for the shite served up on the pitch week-in - week-out.

I can't see McClaren not bringing in at least some of his own staff tbh.

If we're stuck with the current jokers we're f***ed and there's absolutely no way someone new coming in wouldn't also realise the sheer unprofessionalism and incompetence among Carver, Stone and co was in large part responsible for the s**** served up on the pitch week-in - week-out.

It is obvious we are desperate to get him because we keep going back so I imagine that would give him reason to believe he could make some demands.  On that basis, I would think it is conceivable that he would want to bring in people like Bill Beswick and maybe Steve Round as he normally takes them everywhere.

Can't see Round coming back after Ashley gave him the push under Allardyce.

He was still employed by us when Everton approached us to take him to Everton.

:thup:

Didn't realise that, thought he was one of the million staff that Ashley had to pay off.

Remi Garde, once considered an option by United, is not being considered this time around after failing to impress during a first round of interviews in January when it was felt that the job may be beyond him.

:lol: but the guy sacked by his last two clubs, clubs in the league below I might add.  Is up to the task?  Great stuff.

It does seem like the local journos just make shit up or try to piece it all together to make a story.  So I really hope that’s the case here.  Absolutely ridiculous if true.

Oh and Carver staying on as coach?  Can't say I'm surprised, but it is still an utterly appalling decision.  Stop employing mongs and rewarding mediocrity and failure.

I'm guessing because he's under contract we'll just keep him around to coach the kids or buy the chips sometimes. If McClaren is coming then he surely has to bring his own coaches.

Remi Garde, once considered an option by United, is not being considered this time around after failing to impress during a first round of interviews in January when it was felt that the job may be beyond him.

:lol: but the guy sacked by his last two clubs, clubs in the league below I might add.  Is up to the task?  Great stuff.

It does seem like the local journos just make shit up or try to piece it all together to make a story.  So I really hope that’s the case here.  Absolutely ridiculous if true.

Oh and Carver staying on as coach?  Can't say I'm surprised, but it is still an utterly appalling decision.  Stop employing mongs and rewarding mediocrity and failure.

:thup:

I'm convinced the reason Garde was written off was because of his unwillingness to take on the incumbent backroom staff.

Crazy how far Carver has fallen from grace. He used to seem a decent, albeit passive, bloke - but innocuous and honest at least. He's like a demonic dicksucker now - full of deceit, madness and malice.

Crazy how far Carver has fallen from grace. He used to seem a decent, albeit passive, bloke - but innocuous and honest at least. He's like a demonic dicksucker now - full of deceit, madness and malice.

Aye, just look at the first few comments of this thread after he was appointed coach :lol:

Yup. I cannot stand him and wish he would fuck off as far away from Little Benton as is possible. Horrible cunt.

It's this regime. Anyone who gets into bed with them is instantly tainted and that will always be the case.

KK was slaughtered on here by some people for refusing to work with them.  Man was he proved right.

Aye, just look at the first few comments of this thread after he was appointed coach :lol:

I had a look through and was relieved I wasn't one of those welcoming the useless sack. Prove it on the pitch not with your accent.