John Carver

Guest neesy111

At first I was like:

I don't really think John Carver is a cunt (yet :rolleyes:) but I do think he's wildly out of his depth. So is Charnley, by the looks of things. I don't think this appointment is out of spite, it's just out of sheer cluelessness. Pardew was perfect for them and would have been their manager until they left the club. There's clearly an incredibly small pool of people (note: not necessarily 'managers') happy to work under their conditions.

I had a modicum of hope that these conditions would change in light of Pardew's departure, but obviously not. Which is why they've shrugged their shoulders, happily deemed the search a hopeless one and appointed literally the only person they could. Maybe they will eventually cave and decide to alter the job spec for their head coach eventually, should circumstances dictate that we absolutely do need someone who's actually qualified (ie, relegation becomes a tangible likelihood).

I believe Carver cares a great deal about the club and he will want to be successful. He's gonna have to up his game astronomically, though.

http://i.imgur.com/4shj3Tr.png

And then I was like:

I don't really think John Carver is a cunt (yet :rolleyes:) but I do think he's wildly out of his depth. So is Charnley, by the looks of things. I don't think this appointment is out of spite, it's just out of sheer cluelessness. Pardew was perfect for them and would have been their manager until they left the club. There's obviously an incredibly small pool of people (note: not necessarily 'managers') happy to work under their conditions.

I had a modicum of hope that these conditions would change in light of Pardew's departure, but obviously not. Which is why they've shrugged their shoulders, happily deemed the search a hopeless one and appointed literally the only person they could. Maybe they will eventually cave and decide to alter the club's raison d'être, should circumstances dictate that we absolutely do need someone who's actually qualified (ie, relegation becomes a tangible likelihood).

I believe Carver cares a great deal about the club and he will want to be successful. He's gonna have to up his game astronomically, though.

http://i.imgur.com/4shj3Tr.png

I don't really think John Carver is a c*** (yet :rolleyes:) but I do think he's wildly out of his depth. So is Charnley, by the looks of things. I don't think this appointment is out of spite, it's just out of sheer cluelessness. Pardew was perfect for them and would have been their manager until they left the club. There's obviously an incredibly small pool of people (note: not necessarily 'managers') happy to work under their conditions.

I had a modicum of hope that these conditions would change in light of Pardew's departure, but obviously not. Which is why they've shrugged their shoulders, happily deemed the search a hopeless one and appointed literally the only person they could. Maybe they will eventually cave and decide to alter the club's raison d'être, should circumstances dictate that we absolutely do need someone who's actually qualified (ie, relegation becomes a tangible likelihood).

Most fans care a great deal about the club, but hardly any would deem themselves a candidate to manage it - esp with all the problems that are so obvious to most intelligent people.

What Carver feels about NUFC is immaterial.

From the comment section of the guardian article about this announcement:

Newcastle have a history of hounding out and attacking their manager ( or potential manager).

Big Sam, doing ok at West Ham was certainly not good enough.

Redknapp - when Ashley went for him - was treated with scorn and the fans claimed they 'deserve better than him'. He was good enough for a successful few years at Spurs.

Pardew gives them their greatest season in recent history and just misses out on a CL place. His reward? A concerted, vicious hate campaign.

They even turned on Sir Bobby.

Sorry, I don't buy the " we're totally reasonable and realistic" argument. Nobody or anything is ever good enough! Ironically, Carver clearly isn't good enough. I hope there is still time for him to sail headlong into relegation.

Did the Grauniad bother to look at Allardyce's record and how the side were playing when he was in charge..? Did they suddenly and conveniently forget how WHU fans were campaigning to get him removed until recently..?

Pardew gives the fans 'their greatest season in recent history...?? Did they bother to watch any of the games and did they conveniently 'forget' about his record after that..?

Nothing but a two-faced, Marxist rag - wouldn't have even been used in my Grannie's outside toilet just after the war....

If this laughable imitation of a newspaper(not that any of the others are much better) was consistent in its views, they would be castigating Ashley for the Zero-hour capitalist that he is...

Just another London/Manchester media scum.

I don't resent Carver for wanting to take the job. He's been at the club for the best part of twenty years - he's obviously gonna want a crack at it.

Doesn't mean I have any faith in him being good at it.

In this age where some people seem to think footballers have to be role models, our club appoints a staff member who personally called paying fans "f**king c*nts" in front of children to the manager's job, the most PR exposed job at the club.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Everything about Carver's demeanor screams thick and rubbish.  Have you ever noticed when someone tells you they play a Sport, if they reel off how good they are, they're inevitably absolutely s*** when you actually see them play?  Generally people with a bit more intelligence realise that even if they're decent, there's so many people better than them, it isn't worth mentioning, so they won't say a lot.  Only people who are truly immense and at the top of the world generally can be simultaneously intelligent and confident/arrogant, because once you're recognised the world over as brilliant, there's little point being overly modest about it, otherwise it seems disingenuous.

Carver is spouting off about how he can do the job and so far he follows that rule completely, where he's proven the absolute opposite.  I have absolutely no doubt he has the best interests of the club at heart, or that he thinks he can do the job.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that he's just too thick to realise he isn't good enough to do the job and he'll probably keep thinking up reasons and excuses as to why things have gone against him, genuinely believing each excuse to be true.  He's already been at it the first few games he's had in charge.  We can be terrible the whole game and he'll blame the hand ball for us losing, which yes was a factor, but we were terrible the whole game and that's a bigger factor.

I'll be absolutely stunned if this doesn't end in disaster.  He's either going to relegate us, or barely keep us up and then get appointed full time.  Either scenario leads to disaster eventually. The worst thing about it all, is that our supposed Billionaire owner who was p*ssed off to lose 100m to debts he didn't see when he bought the club, is actually running the risk of losing himself the same amount of money by being cheap for a few million in compensation to get a manager in now.  He must be the world's luckiest man to have ever ended up a Billionaire when he's making decisions like that.  This club in terms of decision making has literally lurched from one disaster to the next under Ashley.  Maybe I should have given up a long time ago, but I keep hoping for better and forgetting about the last bad decision.  I keep thinking "They'll want this and that now after what they've said, so they'll at least do that out of being sensible."  Then no, they do the absolute opposite and make a moronic decision that will cost the club for years.  It's an ever repeating pattern that won't go away until Ashley does and I'm done even having the slimmest hope for better.  It only leads to disappointment.

Newcastle have a history of hounding out and attacking their manager ( or potential manager).

Redknapp - when Ashley went for him - was treated with scorn and the fans claimed they 'deserve better than him'. He was good enough for a successful few years at Spurs.

Pardew gives them their greatest season in recent history and just misses out on a CL place. His reward? A concerted, vicious hate campaign.

Sorry, I don't buy the " we're totally reasonable and realistic" argument. Nobody or anything is ever good enough! Ironically, Carver clearly isn't good enough. I hope there is still time for him to sail headlong into relegation.

Did the Grauniad bother to look at Allardyce's record and how the side were playing when he was in charge..? Did they suddenly and conveniently forget how WHU fans were campaigning to get him removed until recently..?

Pardew gives the fans 'their greatest season in recent history...?? Did they bother to watch any of the games and did they conveniently 'forget' about his record after that..?

Nothing but a two-faced, Marxist rag - wouldn't have even been used in my Grannie's outside toilet just after the war....

If this laughable imitation of a newspaper(not that any of the others are much better) was consistent in its views, they would be castigating Ashley for the Zero-hour capitalist that he is...

It wasn't the paper mate, it was someone writing it in the comments section

I quite like it  :milner:

There's no way we will finish in the top ten. Why put that on the statement, puts loads of pressure on Charver?

Cant wait to see him out on his arse. Hope he gets loads of stick when it all goes south.

It's an appalling decision. It would have been better or soften a the blow a little had they announced the new man for the summer now.

Shite people making shit decisions. Not a surprise then.

There's no plan for the summer at all. They'll hedge their bets on Carver keeping us in mid-table obscurity so they can offer it to him full time.

I hope they all get a shed load of shit on Saturday.

Coincidentally, why do we always seem to play Hull after major disappointments?

We should have a sweep to see how many more times he mentions Bobby Robson from now till the end if the season.

The sad thing is there are probably people who lap up the Bobby Robson crack, I read yesterday he called SBR our greatest ever manager? What a disgrace if so.

All of this, just to possibly get Steve McLaren at the end of the season.  f***ing hell man. 

It's just a never ending nightmare with this club.

And if Derby go up- which is very very fucking likely btw- then he's gonna stay put and we're back to square one with no other willing targets lined up and you can bet we'll spend until August pissing about with it, maybe ending up with Carver by default. Either way there'll be no time to consider piffling little things like player recruitment etc.