Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Thought Jonas had his best game for a while, both full backs were good for us also. Ranger looked a handfull again and lovenkrands was unlucky with his one on one as their keeper made an outstanding save.

Unlucky not to take the full three points although they completely dominated the first half, second we shaded I thought...

A point we didn't expect is a good sign we are heading in the right direction.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I hope MOTD show VDV being a diving cheating little cunt.

They'll photoshop Barton's foot so it looks like Barton fouled him each and every dive.

Enrique and Colo were immense today, as ever. Jonas as well. Better with the ball than usual but as importantly, he buys the team so much time when breaking out of defence.

Still can't quite my head round why basically the same group of players are showing a zillion times more guts and spirit than two seasons ago. Spurs could have played us off the park with Modric in that type of form, but we chased and chased and chased.

Enrique and Colo were immense today, as ever. Jonas as well. Better with the ball than usual but as importantly, he buys the team so much time when breaking out of defence.

Still can't quite my head round why basically the same group of players are showing a zillion times more guts and spirit than two seasons ago. Spurs could have played us off the park with Modric in that type of form, but we chased and chased and chased.

No protests in the ground. Fans aren't on their backs.

Basically, it's your fault we went down in the first place.

Just got in. Would give the positive side of things, but I'm not really in the mood so here comes the negative, knee-jerky stuff (the positives can come when I've had time to calm down)

The defending for their goal was absolutely woeful and I have no idea why we pushed so many forward looking for a second goal, but whoever's idea it was pretty much cost us the game. Jonas in the first half was absolutely terrible (improved second), Ameobi can't pass, Lovenkrands can't shoot and Ranger is too selfish.

We should have won that game. I would have taken 2 points before this week, but in reality poor defending has cost us two wins. I can't look further than the fact that 6 points has become 2.

LUCKY LIXKY SPUD BASTARDS.

Hate this feeling, 2 weeks in a FUCKING row... Defoe & VDV dirty diving cheating stinking bastards.

Special mention to Guthrie thought he tried his bollocks off today

Shola YOU LAZY CUNT!!

We played very well today, EUROPE here we COME!!

Just got in. Would give the positive side of things, but I'm not really in the mood so here comes the negative, knee-jerky stuff (the positives can come when I've had time to calm down)

The defending for their goal was absolutely woeful and I have no idea why we pushed so many forward looking for a second goal, but whoever's idea it was pretty much cost us the game. Jonas in the first half was absolutely terrible (improved second), Ameobi can't pass, Lovenkrands can't shoot and Ranger is too selfish.

We should have won that game. I would have taken 2 points before this week, but in reality poor defending has cost us two wins. I can't look further than the fact that 6 points has become 2.

Bet your knees are fkn killing

:D

I wouldn't say any one individual player was to blame for what happened, but we need to simply keep playing when we're ahead and not just try and defend what we've got for most of the second half. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember and annoys the s*** out of me! :angry:

Strange comment considering we were still bursting forward to score a second even though it was ET and we were in the lead.

Not really.

The odd break after long periods of simply defending and having the ball in our possession for a matter of seconds in each 10 minute period, is hardly what I'd call playing normally. Are you seriously saying that you didn't notice a change in the way we were playing about half way through the second half?

Both team played differently after we scored, which tends to happen doesn't it? It's only logical that Spurs would start committing more men forward. Your criticism as I understand it is we stopped playing and set back inviting pressure on us. I don't think we did that at all, quite the contrary. We continued to go forward (often on the counter attack) to try to kill off the tie. I didn't work due to poor finishing, and eventually the inevitable happened, but certainly not because we sat back and invited pressure. Maybe in this case we would have held on to our lead if we had been a little bit more conservative/defensive, although I prefer what we tried to do. Unluckily we didn't have the quality up top today to finish the match when we could...

Fucking 'Arry - Late goal fully deserved. Bollocks

It was tbf. We shouldn't have thrown the points away, but overall they created just as much as us etc.

I dunno, we should have been out of sight really, our attacks had so much more than theirs. Our performance after scoring really deserved to win the game i thought, and it was a kick in the teeth for them to equalise when we'd been going at them for 30 mins,.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/187/explanationa.jpg

Perch is not in a good position either? Stood unmarked on the 6 yard box with a free pass ffs :lol:

He's coming in really fast, he'd not have composure to slot it in. You can't see that in the pic, though. :lol:

I dunno about the television, but it was fucking obvious from sitting in the stand behind the goal that Perch was in a glorious position to score. All Ranger had to do was slot it to him and he'd have scored - it's not like he was running in like a fucking roadrunner :lol:

The problem with our strikers (and that's all that featured today - Best, Ranger, Shola and Lovenkrands) is that they don't lift their fucking heads enough. There were a number of opportunities in those closing stages whereby if the attacker in question had glanced up and saw his options, we'd have been laughing away with 3 points.