Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Tottenham's support was completely abysmal rivalling Liverpools as the worst away support seen this season. One fairly loud song after they scored and that was it. Piss poor.

Both Liverpool and Spurs fans were c***'s. was inches away from a coin hitting my head at home to Liverpool then yesterday after we scored a nigh on full bottle of pop just missed me.

For a team as wonderful as theirs you'd think they'd be able to get a few chants going like.

Couldn't stop laughing at the circumcision songs :lol:

Tottenham's support was completely abysmal rivalling Liverpools as the worst away support seen this season. One fairly loud song after they scored and that was it. Piss poor.

Disagree. I heard them chanting multiple times from where I was sitting(Milburn).

Agree on the Liverpool bit though.

I must say, when their goal went in I didn't know how to react. I actually slumped down in my seat and had my head in my hands for a good few minutes, and alot of the player's heads dropped. It actually felt like a defeat.

I must say, when their goal went in I didn't know how to react. I actually slumped down in my seat and had my head in my hands for a good few minutes, and alot of the player's heads dropped. It actually felt like a defeat.

I kicked the seat in front, which didn't amuse the bloke sitting there

Disagree. I heard them chanting multiple times from where I was sitting(Milburn).

Agree on the Liverpool bit though.

OK, yeah they did a few chants but were generally as poor as they possibly could be. They were worse than the home support yesterday, which says everything.

Almost did that. :lol:

Almost did that. :lol:

I always do that. Give it a good welly. Bloke infront just seems to accept it funnily enough.

Tbf lennon is freakishly quick on the turn and has lightning quick feet on the ball. Makes it much more difficult to pinpoint one particular thing he should've done. Should be playing to the corners that late on...i'd have just snapped the little sod anyhow  O0

Disagree Dave - would Beardo have done that?(er-wait, yes he might have done, but he would have scored..!!)? No, in all probability, he would have seen the man on the far post ; that's what makes great players - they have the vision to know whether to shoot or pass. Hopefully, Ranger will develop that because his first duty - as is all the players' - is to win the game for the club, NOT personal glory-seeking.

Lovenkrands didn't have to stop running and would have scored if he hadn't stopped.  Best did something like that in the first half when a ball was put through.  He just stopped running for it then realised that he could have got it and started running for it again but by that time he had no chance as he was now going from a standing start.

Guest toonlass

If Lovenkrands hadn't stopped running he would have been in the 3rd row of the Gallowgate when the ball went past. Not blaming Ranger for trying but a more experienced would have crossed it.

Just seen our goal again. What a ball from Guthrie, but what the f*** is Hutton up to? Terrible defending.

In fairness to Hutton who wasn't bad, I just think the quality of the ball and then Colo's first touch took him out, it was excellent football.

Guest palnese

Just seen our goal again. What a ball from Guthrie, but what the f*** is Hutton up to? Terrible defending.

In fairness to Hutton who wasn't bad, I just think the quality of the ball and then Colo's first touch took him out, it was excellent football.

Sure, it was a great ball, a brilliant first touch and a decent finish, but Hutton fucked up badly. He looks like a lost little girl when the ball is in the air.

If Lovenkrands hadn't stopped running he would have been in the 3rd row of the Gallowgate when the ball went past. Not blaming Ranger for trying but a more experienced would have crossed it.

He stood back and watched the ball go across the mouth of the goal. He has to take a chance and slide in at it.

To be honest, I would've taken a point before the match but after actually watching the match it really feels like a defeat.  We were definitely the better side (by quite some margin) but our finishing let us down.  Very disappointed.  Either way, one point closer to safety.

To be honest, I would've taken a point before the match but after actually watching the match it really feels like a defeat.  We were definitely the better side (by quite some margin) but our finishing let us down.  Very disappointed.  Either way, one point closer to safety.

I don't think this is particularly true. Spurs superior quality on the ball was there for all to see, however we had the better chances and were ultimately punished for not taking them.

Irrespective of what happened next, that moment when Ranger turned Dawson and dumped him on his backside was a sublime piece of skill for a PL rookie.

He is a real talent and I'm sure he'll turn out to be a great player if looked after properly.