Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

rednap quite clearly means its a poor goal for spurs to conceed from defensive pov. Or maybe he thinks the keeper should have done better.

Bollocks. He was denigrating a fan-fucking-tastic goal out of pure mean-spirited spite and sour grapes.

Glad he got mugged in Madrid. Only wish the fuckers had made more of an effort on him and used their feet, fists and knives.

very good game to watch, especially the last 20mins. very even game and a point a piece is probably fair. we can only really feel agrieved at the timing of their goal. they probably had most of the ball and had the ball in our final third more than we did theirs, however i'd say we had the better chances. our performance today was a great example of teamwork and desire.

colo MotM pipping barton,nolan and shola because of his goal, and what a fantastic goal it was.

I've u-turned on Danny Simpson since last season but that was simple stuff today to show him down the line, no wonder Harper was doing his nut, can't understand why we had so few players back either considering it was just after Barton overhit the pass to Ranger and they were the only two involved, God knows why MOTD didn't show that either.

Annoying that Lennon was able to switch wings and do damage when Enrique had him in his pocket up until then.

I've u-turned on Danny Simpson since last season but that was simple stuff today to show him down the line, no wonder Harper was doing his nut, can't understand why we had so few players back either considering it was just after Barton overhit the pass to Ranger and they were the only two involved, God knows why MOTD didn't show that either.

Annoying that Lennon was able to switch wings and do damage when Enrique had him in his pocket up until then.

thing is when lennon plays down the left he can come inside or outside, it's easier to say "show him to the line" than to do it and best was getting slated off shola,barton,simpson and nolan for not giving any support down that side......and when he went off it didn't really change. simpson left isolated many times against a very good player.i can't blame simpson for their goal.

thing is when lennon plays down the left he can come inside or outside, it's easier to say "show him to the line" than to do it and best was getting slated off shola,barton,simpson and nolan for not giving any support down that side......and when he went off it didn't really change. simpson left isolated many times against a very good player.i can't blame simpson for their goal.

That's just about the way I see it, the space in front of Simpson was an accident waiting to happen.

The only defender nowhere near the disaster of a goal was Jose. It started off badly with Williamson feeble effort on Couch & ended up with Colo turning his back on the ball, there were negatives in between them two incidents.

Coloccini was defending his side of the goal and had it covered, I don't blame him for any part in the goal.

I thought Williamson was more at fault tbh. Simpson as a full back has to cover the outside. It was Williamson's job to cover the inside but he ended up in the same position as Simpson. Their lack of understanding just made me appreciate the Coloccini/Enrique even more.

I thought Williamson was more at fault tbh. Simpson as a full back has to cover the outside. It was Williamson's job to cover the inside but he ended up in the same position as Simpson. Their lack of understanding just made me appreciate the Coloccini/Enrique even more.

Enrique playing alongside Colo did exactly the same thing against Adam Johnson earlier in the season, as someone else pointed out.

Nah someone has to be to blame.

Enrique playing alongside Colo did exactly the same thing against Adam Johnson earlier in the season, as someone else pointed out.

Colo wasn't on the pitch.

Colo wasn't on the pitch.

Well done. Point still applies to Enrique, you telling me he forgot what to do when Colo went off?

I'm sure it did in that example you mentioned but when you look at the bigger picture you get a more balanced view.

crap examples on MotD as its bloody clear to see that simpson does try to show lennon to the line.

Not really. Left a massive gap to Lennon's right.

leaves a bigger gap to his left and it's almost identical to the next example a minute or so on how he should do it right.

crap examples on MotD as its bloody clear to see that simpson does try to show lennon to the line.

Not really. Left a massive gap to Lennon's right.

Simpson's a full back, his priority is to make sure the winger doesn't go outside and get to the byline. What the fuck was Williamson doing by charging in to cover the same area?