Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

LOSE THE EARPHONES YOU CUNT.

I noticed an annoyingly distinct London accent there for a lad from Chapeltown.

really? I thought he sounded like the traditional Leeds black lad.

"They all sound the same..."

Feel a bit sorry for Simpson, didn't see Harper and Colo shouting at him the first time. He needs to learn though, cannot under any circumstances allow someone to cut onto their stronger foot like that. In the interest of fairness, Enrique made the exact same error against City for Adam Johnson's winner.

Aye. Definite mistake by Simpson. Clearly been discussed that they should put Lennon wide and on his wrong foot.

Ah he's young. He'll learn.

Will he though?  It cost us a couple of goals last season that I remember pretty clearly, so he doesn't appear to be learning quickly enough for my liking.

Aye. Definite mistake by Simpson. Clearly been discussed that they should put Lennon wide and on his wrong foot.

Will he though?  It cost us a couple of goals last season that I remember pretty clearly, so he doesn't appear to be learning quickly enough for my liking.

Seems to struggle against the right footed left winger opposed to the more traditional ones for some reason. Even more odd as you would assume most of his training would be done against Jonas.

FWIW they didn't show a number of half chances we had first half, or the number of times we should have played a proper final ball in the second. They didn't even show the position we were in prior to the Spurs goal, made it look like it wasn't a fuckup.

He was poor the backend of last season but then his ankle was hanging by a thread as we all know. He's much more capable at this level than I thought he would be after watching him at Blackburn so I'm willing to give the lad a chance.

FWIW they didn't show a number of half chances we had first half, or the number of times we should have played a proper final ball in the second. They didn't even show the position we were in prior to the Spurs goal, made it look like it wasn't a fuckup.

Well, we're just a bunch of overemotional northern twats with a misconceived sense of our club's history and importance, whereas Tottenham are a bunch of massively wealthy Yids who hang out in the poncy style bars of Norf Laandaan with BBC meeja types who are more often than not also Yids...I'll let you do the maths... :hmm:

I've no doubt it will be a huge part of the post-match dissection. Lennon's one of the trickiest wingers in the league IMO so it's not too much of a disgrace to be done by him but I'm sure Simpson will know better next time he's up against someone so one-footed.

Well, we're just a bunch of overemotional northern twats with a misconceived sense of our club's history and importance, whereas Tottenham are a bunch of massively wealthy Yids who hang out in the poncy style bars of Norf Laandaan with BBC meeja types who are more often than not also Yids...I'll let you do the maths... :hmm:

You forgot 'title contenders'.

Sorry. I was too busy fuming about the Zionist conspiracy.

is he still claiming that in a desperate attempt to seem relevant? rather than just another also ran like the rest of us

fuck off man. We can't do maths.

rednap quite clearly means its a poor goal for spurs to conceed from defensive pov. Or maybe he thinks the keeper should have done better.

or maybe hes convinced himself only spurs are capable of such brilliance and when anyone scores on them its a shit goal