Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

disappointing as fuck that. 4 points down the drain yet again. not going to blame pardew, and not even the defence either. the reason we are 4 points down from what we've deserved in the past two games is pretty much entirely down to our 4 available strikers who are just not good enough for the premiership.

Look at the line-up that finished that game.

Harper, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique, Barton, Perch, Nolan, Jonas, Ranger, Lovenkrands

A draw is a great result when that's what you've got to work with. 

Zero investment and no depth will mean we can't hold on to results like this cause our squad is tired and stretched thin.

Twice in successive games, what a choker.

Would have taken 2 points in both games but fucking hell.

This.  Really pleased to get a point away at Sunderland and a point at home from a top 4 side, but given what happened in those games you can't help but feel we could have taken all the points.

I don't understand the Ranger hating. It's much easier to see the ball he should have played in slow motion. The way he had his body shaped, I'm not at all surprised he didn't see the options.

Williamson, Simpson and the midfield absence are much more to blame for the goal.

Simpson fuck no.

Barton and Ranger are the ones to blame for dropping two points today. Not because Barton was bad or so, but because he simply made a fucking joke of a pass when it was four on two.

Ranger for being a selfish.

Good performance once again, and while I hate to say it bar Stevenage and the first Spurs match which I didn't see we have been playing very good football under Pardew. Defenitely top 10 performances.

Gutted with that. So many chances to kill the game.

A really brainless goal to give away. No one using their brain... Lennon on the left-hand side. What is the only thing he's going to try and do?

I mean seriously. Really gutted about that. Also Pardew deserves another smack for bringing on Lovenkrands ahead of Ranger :wave: