Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

This is all a bit surreal, the BNP have come out and offered their support to Andy Gray, bet he's grateful to them for that! :lol:

He must be sat at home with his head in his hands wondering what the fuck's going on.

I'm amazed how big this has all become, not because okay to say and do what they've done, but because so much other shit like this and worse happens all the time and no-one bats and eyelid. Where's all this moral fibre suddenly come from!?! :dontknow:

Nobody is in any doubt that Sky are within their rights to sack them.

What is suspect is the timing of the release of this old footage and the morality of all.

Exactly.  He was sacked because it made them look bad (tuck this in clip) not for harassment, perhaps this is why he's fighting it.  For him to be done for discrimination as per their company policies, Jackson would have had to complain about it.  Add in the suspicious timing of it all, and Gray's legal action against the daddy of them all and it really is pretty murky.

I'll say it again....

Gray was fired for the "tuck the Mic in here" comment.   Simple case of Sexual Harassment of a fellow employee. That put Sky in a very tight situation.

Keys resigned. Who knows why.  Did he jump/was he pushed?  Mutual agreement not to release any other clips, thereby preserving his "broadcaster reputation" and an opportunity to get back in front of the camera?  Probably.

Hardly sounds like a witch hunt (or soft s**** world) to me.

Arguing with yourself, mate?

This is all a bit surreal, the BNP have come out and offered their support to Andy Gray, bet he's grateful to them for that! :lol:

He must be sat at home with his head in his hands wondering what the fuck's going on.

I'm amazed how big this has all become, not because okay to say and do what they've done, but because so much other shit like this and worse happens all the time and no-one bats and eyelid. Where's all this moral fibre suddenly come from!?! :dontknow:

news of the world, court case

Yep, Sky's hypocrisy on the matter has already been highlighted with regards to their advertising for SSN and Soccer AM's more or less 'get yer tits out, hen' attitude to the 'soccerette' nonsense.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's pathetic when people get hung out to dry like this.  Admittedly, I think it's hilarious, but still, that's cause I never watch it nor care about its potential coverage problems.

Not to mention the bid to take full control over Sky. Hmmmm... ...you might be on to something here.

Yep, Sky's hypocrisy on the matter has already been highlighted with regards to their advertising for SSN and Soccer AM's more or less 'get yer tits out, hen' attitude to the 'soccerette' nonsense.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's pathetic when people get hung out to dry like this.  Admittedly, I think it's hilarious, but still, that's cause I never watch it nor care about its potential coverage problems.

Yeah, when big organisations behave in a "moralistic" way, you can know with absolute certainty that polar opposite is actually the case.

Not to mention the bid to take full control over Sky. Hmmmm... ...you might be on to something here.

seems as plain as day to me, especially considering the leaked footage. gray's stupid though, for saying those things in the first place and for thinking he could take on the notw and it wouldnt have re-percussions

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding coverage Sky are all eye candy and I find their coverage of the game nauseating to be honest. The best coverage of footy I've enjoyed over the yeasr has been C5 covering our UEFA Cup games. It was no frills, to the point, footy coverage. Their midnight footy show with Barnes was also the best footy show. Sky's footy coverage actually puts me off.

Regarding coverage Sky are all eye candy and I find their coverage of the game nauseating to be honest. The best coverage of footy I've enjoyed over the yeasr has been C5 covering our UEFA Cup games. It was no frills, to the point, footy coverage. Their midnight footy show with Barnes was also the best footy show. Sky's footy coverage actually puts me off.

John Barnes!? Are you fucking kidding me? Barnes is the worst person in front of a camera EVER!

John Barnes!? Are you fucking kidding me? Barnes is the worst person in front of a camera EVER!

i will trump you with Garth Crooks

I never watch any of their analysis shit anyway so I'm really not bothered. TV goes on just before ko, mutes at HT and goes off straight after FT.

Boring, tbh.

I didn't watch that much of the analysis either, bits and pieces.  The Last Word was the most infuriating thing on television - just show us a goal from start to finish man, you boring dickheads.

I still think Andy Gray was really likeable for a number of years though - mainly for his enthusiasm - but he started thinking he was more important than he was by a long shot.  Was interesting when he turned down the Everton job.  It would have been nice if this business had just brought him down a peg or 2 and he became a bit more humble and bearable, but maybe he was long gone anyway.

Presenters like Richard Keys are ten-a-penny though imo, no great loss there, who cares.

Gray was fired, and Keys forced out, because of a number of unacceptable comments they made whilst at work, that made it into the public domain. I don't understand how anyone can criticise Sky in this at all, or say they are overreacting.

Make a sexist comment at your work and let me know what happens, because I'm guessing you won't be in a job very long.

GM still has his job (I think).

It's touch and go on that one, tbh.

Stick Charlotte Jackson into Google Images and see what that returns. AG and RK may be a couple of knackers and they've been strung up by them. Yes companies have these policies, they have to by law, but this kind of banter goes unpunished day in and day out and it is also a two way street, put a group of women together and can easily be worse than a group of men.

There's a moral high ground been taken here and it's a position not all will have any right to take.

I never watch any of their analysis shit anyway so I'm really not bothered. TV goes on just before ko, mutes at HT and goes off straight after FT.

Boring, tbh.

I didn't watch that much of the analysis either, bits and pieces.  The Last Word was the most infuriating thing on television - just show us a goal from start to finish man, you boring dickheads.

I still think Andy Gray was really likeable for a number of years though - mainly for his enthusiasm - but he started thinking he was more important than he was by a long shot.  Was interesting when he turned down the Everton job.  It would have been nice if this business had just brought him down a peg or 2 and he became a bit more humble and bearable, but maybe he was long gone anyway.

Presenters like Richard Keys are ten-a-penny though imo, no great loss there, who cares.

Agree with that, I've really turned against Gray in the last few years. Came across like he genuinely believed he was pally with the players and could influence the game in this country. You're just a pundit mate.

Laughable that some people are upset by them leaving. Did you cry when Robbie left Take That?

I can't stand pundits or commentators. They bring nothing to the table.

If there was a choice, which would people rather watch: -

1. The match with no commentary, just the noise from inside the stadium.

2. The match with 'expert' opinion from pundits and commentators.

Laughable that some people are upset by them leaving. Did you cry when Robbie left Take That?

I can't stand pundits or commentators. They bring nothing to the table.

If there was a choice, which would people rather watch: -

1. The match with no commentary, just the noise from inside the stadium.

2. The match with 'expert' opinion from pundits and commentators.

I prefer commentary on the game itself (depends who it is of course) - for me it really adds something. I definitely like watching games when all halftime and post-match comprises of is the stats and highlights though.