Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houllier has apparently said that any loan deals of players out will only happen if the other club pays the ENTIRE salary, not just a contribution.

tbh i can see that being changed if on deadline day no one else has come in to take that amount of wages on and you'd accept someone paying 40k -50k of it to get rid

Ireland would piss over Guthrie & Nolan and the jury is out on Gosling as he is just back from injury

I don't particularly pay much attention to other club's players, so I looked up his stats.

16 league goals & 15 assists in over 150 appearances in 5 and a half seasons.

On average a goal and an assist every 10 games, or 3 goals & 3 assists per season.

I guess he must be in the form of his life now for you to say that then? ???

How are we going to fit him AND Johnson into the side? :undecided:

Barton Tiote Nolan Johnson

Ireland

Carroll

At least until Ben Arfa returns :pow:

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

How are we going to fit him AND Johnson into the side? :undecided:

Barton Tiote Nolan Johnson

Ireland

Carroll

At least until Ben Arfa returns :pow:

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

:lol:

Cant see why we're going to pick up Ireland from villa, doesnt make any sense. We have Nolan, Ben Arfa(soon back probably), Vuckic who all can play there perfectly, so why one more attacking midfielder. He has been awfull for Villa this season... I rather we try to get Vuckic going or someone else than him...

Cant see why we're going to pick up Ireland from villa, doesnt make any sense. We have Nolan, Ben Arfa(soon back probably), Vuckic who all can play there perfectly, so why one more attacking midfielder. He has been awfull for Villa this season... I rather we try to get Vuckic going or someone else than him...

Buildign a squad, no all players will play all games, look at our injuries and suspensions this season.

We need more bodies i'd not say no to a player that was playing really well upto a certain point.  His ability could be refound and we could have a seriously good player on our books.  As I said earlier, we might be able to get him on the cheap depending on what villa want for him nad wages demands. 

Sorry, but Nolan is far from perfect

Ireland would piss over Guthrie & Nolan and the jury is out on Gosling as he is just back from injury

I don't particularly pay much attention to other club's players, so I looked up his stats.

16 league goals & 15 assists in over 150 appearances in 5 and a half seasons.

On average a goal and an assist every 10 games, or 3 goals & 3 assists per season.

I guess he must be in the form of his life now for you to say that then? ???

If Stats could win football matches Graham Taylor would have been the best England football manager in history and Charles Hughes a coaching legend.

Guest VegasToon

And Vuckic needs regular football for at least half a season (ie on loan) before he's ready for PL football.

Maybe this will let him go on loan.

Guest dazzanufc1892

huge attitude, very bad rep, for the correct reasons.

we cleaned these out of our squad finally, lets not restart. would rather we spunked 8mil on charlie adam and took a gamble

I'd rather we didn't sign this guy, we got rid of all the heartless bad apples from our squad and would rather we don't start signing them again.

He seems like he's part of the bling brigade Dyer style and I'm not entirely sure he's playing for the right reasons, I think he's one of the people who pick up the pay cheque and he's happy.

huge attitude, very bad rep, for the correct reasons.

we cleaned these out of our squad finally, lets not restart. would rather we spunked 8mil on charlie adam and took a gamble

He hasn't got a bad rep for being troublesome though, it's just for being a proper weirdo isn't it?

On his day he's a very good player and I believe we have the kind of team spirit and togetherness that could bring the best out of him.

In fact, given the bond between our players and the spirit in the camp, I reckon coming here would be the best thing he could do right now. It'd be like the football equivalent of group therapy.

Guest jonnyameobi

Just checked my unsettled bets. Apparently I wanged £10 on him to join us at 6/4, can't think why.

1/3 now.

Wasnt a sat night by any chance was it ;) pissed betting is never a wise idea

Other than being a prick does he have any serious lifestyle issues? Ireland has tremendous talent, the sort that we need if we are ever going to do more than be happy to survive. If we can get him on loan it's got to be worth a punt.