Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houllier has apparently said that any loan deals of players out will only happen if the other club pays the ENTIRE salary, not just a contribution.

What wage is he on at the moment? And how long is he expected to be out for?

Houllier has apparently said that any loan deals of players out will only happen if the other club pays the ENTIRE salary, not just a contribution.

I think 70k per week..

Not that I'd argue with Mr T but Ireland next to Nolan/Barton/Guthrie would be even worse than playing Smith.. From what I've seen his work rate as a CM is on par with Nolan's, he's lighweight and s*** defensively.. If he has to play, it should be in a more advanced role..

I think 70k per week..

Yes, he's on big money

Not that I'd argue with Mr T but Ireland next to Nolan/Barton/Guthrie would be even worse than playing Smith.. From what I've seen his work rate as a CM is on par with Nolan's, he's lighweight and s*** defensively.. If he has to play, it should be in a more advanced role..

Ireland is not a DM or a tough tackling M, he gets a head of the striker and puts the ball in the net.  Would be a great asset if we can pick his form up again.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd see him as an alternative to Nolan, and at this point in time, an inferior alternative, who would probably be expecting first team football. Not that I see it happening, mind.

I'd see him as an alternative to Nolan, and at this point in time, an inferior alternative, who would probably be expecting first team football. Not that I see it happening, mind.

I see it happening if he rediscover his form.... I would play Nolan as the second strikers as I fancy him better than any of our strikers bar Carroll.

When Nolan plays in the hole he always pops up in the right place to hit the net.  When Nolan plays as a CM he seems to disappear.  Ireland may work out playing alongside Tiote but how long will it take for him to get his form?

???

The majority of Nolan's goals have come from CM when we've played 4-4-2.

Ireland used to be my favourite player but he hasn't been very good for a while. If he recaptures his old form he could be f***ing fantastic.

Aye but with his age and the chance of getting his form back we could get a bargain from Villa, if he is willing to drop his wages.

When Nolan plays in the hole he always pops up in the right place to hit the net.  When Nolan plays as a CM he seems to disappear.  Ireland may work out playing alongside Tiote but how long will it take for him to get his form?

???

I'm glad someone is switched on.

Which is why Ireland would be canny sitting in front of Tiote and Nolan.

???

Are you sure?  I seem to remember him scoring typically with a single striker.  I do remember him scoring in the 442 recently but that was off a rebound, just outside of the penalty box.  With  a single striker (typically carroll) he plays more forward, in front of goal.

Ireland used to be my favourite player but he hasn't been very good for a while. If he recaptures his old form he could be f***ing fantastic.

Aye but with his age and the chance of getting his form back we could get a bargain from Villa, if he is willing to drop his wages.

Indeed

I hope you take him. Quickly.

He's a decent player, but he's clearly as mad as a pint of cake.

When Nolan plays in the hole he always pops up in the right place to hit the net.  When Nolan plays as a CM he seems to disappear.  Ireland may work out playing alongside Tiote but how long will it take for him to get his form?

???

Are you sure?  I seem to remember him scoring typically with a single striker.  I do remember him scoring in the 442 recently but that was off a rebound, just outside of the penalty box.  With  a single striker (typically carroll) he plays more forward, in front of goal.

Playing behind the striker he's scored 3, 2 from open play.

Villa (2), Stoke (pen)

CM in a 4-4-2 he's got 7, all from open play.

West Ham, Mackems (3), Liverpool, West Ham, Mackems.

???

Are you sure?  I seem to remember him scoring typically with a single striker.  I do remember him scoring in the 442 recently but that was off a rebound, just outside of the penalty box.  With  a single striker (typically carroll) he plays more forward, in front of goal.

Nah, you're wrong. Nolan is most effective when he's got two strikers in front of him.