Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caulkins twitter - #NUFC still talking to Villa over Ireland (the player, not the country) and inching closer to resolution.

Bit of a change from his "done deal" a few days ago, the tit.

Wasn't him who said done deal. He is usually spot on tbf.

can't believe people are turning their nose up at Ireland :facepalm:

You would do if you'd seen him play or heard some of the stories circulating about him this season.

I'll be delighted for someone else to pay his wages for the next five months.

Well, if the Irish say something about Ireland, I'm prone to think it's true.

Very intersting points about Keane...... I don't know how we don't go for him...... He will be a mile better than what we have here......

Because he is old, on high wages, will be expensive and on decline, Big no, naturally.

also, ireland is a loan. keane would be a buy.

i like ireland more. lower risk. higher reward. more of a flexible player on the pitch.

This is what what Ashley will like.

Why?

because its obvious he has talent and could be a good addition to the squad. As a loan deal, if it dosn't work out then no big loss

Why?

because its obvious he has talent and could be a good addition to the squad. As a loan deal, if it dosn't work out then no big loss

He is on alot of money.

You would do if you'd seen him play or heard some of the stories circulating about him this season.

I'll be delighted for someone else to pay his wages for the next five months.

fair enough but it's no secret he dosn't really want to play for Villa and he isn't the only one this season either

Why?

He is on alot of money.

which is why we are taking our time to get the best deal

Let's just get Micky Johnson too then, he was equally impressive 3 seasons ago!

yeah, thats obviously the same

70k is a lot for somebody who has struggled for the last 2 years. That's all

Let's just get Micky Johnson too then, he was equally impressive 3 seasons ago!

yeah, thats obviously the same

70k is a lot for somebody who has struggled for the last 2 years. That's all

fair enough, we wouldn't be paying £70k

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not turning my nose up, I'm just cautious because of his possible bad character. The one thing we can't afford to do is disrupt the dressing room or the 'group of lads', especially not for a loan signing.

:thup:

Well, he does look like the kind of signing we have made down the years following Bobby's reign which saw us slide down the table. The likes of Lee Bowyer, Alan Smith, Geremi, Nicky Butt or Steven Carr for example, who had one wonder season (or were good a while ago), but their stock had fallen so low they were going for pittance and we picked these players up on the cheap hoping that we could bring back their former glory days. We have generally not had much success going down that route. They arrived on big wages and carried on their poor form with us. I can understand why people are wary of buying more of these players, espescially in a position where we already have plenty of players.

I got this text this morning

"He is happy with wages being offered and wants to join Newcastle first and foremost. Spurs have put in a cheap bidas well. Down to Villa now to see what they are prepared to pay for remainder of year. Transfer deadline day signing according to his old man"

My cousin knows his old man and was speaking to him this morning. Sounds like a loan til end of season at first anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hope we play him in behind the front man if it goes through.

Is that his best position? Can't say i have seen alot of him.

Pretty much. Doesn't really do much defensively, and his best season at Man City came playing 'in the hole'.

Well, he does look like the kind of signing we have made down the years following Bobby's reign which saw us slide down the table. The likes of Lee Bowyer, Alan Smith, Geremi, Nicky Butt or Steven Carr for example, who had one wonder season (or were good a while ago), but their stock had fallen so low they were going for pittance and we picked these players up on the cheap hoping that we could bring back their former glory days. We have generally not had much success going down that route. They arrived on big wages and carried on their poor form with us. I can understand why people are wary of buying more of these players, espescially in a position where we already have plenty of players.

Ireland's still only 24 though...