Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonbaz

there was one point during deadline day that all reports were that the deal had fell through due to failing his medical, so the suggestion it was just an attempt to make it look like we were doing something is quite feasible for this club.

Guest BooBoo

I certainly think it was a desperate gamble but one the club thought was necessary. They knew there would a lot of hacked off fans following the sale of Carroll and thought that bringing in anyone would go a way to placate them. As usual, they were wrong.

there was one point during deadline day that all reports were that the deal had fell through due to failing his medical, so the suggestion it was just an attempt to make it look like we were doing something is quite feasible for this club.

Yes get a crocked player in just about sums us up tbh :sadnod:

There's one good advantage. Him not playing many games will enable us to buy him on the cheap. If we end up only paying £4 mill for him, he's worth the gamble. Pardew have a good reputation when it comes to taking care of his players. I'm confident that he will help Ireland rediscover his form. If that happens, we suddenly have one of most lethal AM in the league whose value is far, far beyond our normal price range. 

There's one good advantage. Him not playing many games will enable us to buy him on the cheap. If we end up only paying £4 mill for him, he's worth the gamble. Pardew have a good reputation when it comes to taking care of his players. I'm confident that he will help Ireland rediscover his form. If that happens, we suddenly have one of most lethal AM in the league whose value is far, far beyond our normal price range. 

oh aye pardew has a fantastic reputation for looking after players....

just look at how well he has looked after this group, they were motivated and seemed to be enjoying playing for hughton. there was a good team spirit and things were looking up.

Then along comes the smiler and we lose carroll, make a stupid bid for nzogbia, sign a bust stephen ireland on loan from a club that didn't really want him in the first place and have only won 1 game in the last 9  (which is a record that saw hughton sacked btw) and we looked positively shambolic on saturday and will no doubt be made to look like relegation fodder again when wolves come to give us a hiding

but pardew looks after his players and could help ireland rediscover his form  :facepalm:

Should not sign this guy. Send him back. Injured and partying like a rockstar... that can be done elsewhere.

Don't think popping out for a couple of hours and not drinking any alcohol counts as partying like a rock star.

A Christian rock star maybe.

Whince though you may at the folly of signing a crooked player on loan, spare a thought for us, we forked out 8 million of your British pounds to sign the absolutely hat-stand mentalist permanently.

:-(

Should not sign this guy. Send him back. Injured and partying like a rockstar... that can be done elsewhere.

Don't think popping out for a couple of hours and not drinking any alcohol counts as partying like a rock star.

if you believe thier statement of course, which i certainly don't.

Ian W is a very credulous chap. I envy that characteristic.

Also known as incredibly naive.

TBF I do believe them, after being caught red handed they wouldn't come out and apologise only to lie to everyone. They didn't look drunk or tired or anything in the photo (though I was concentrating on the abs obviously).

I'm not cynical by nature though, must admit. That's had me caught out buy Mike Ashley a number of times.

Also known as incredibly naive.

TBF I do believe them, after being caught red handed they wouldn't come out and apologise only to lie to everyone. They didn't look drunk or tired or anything in the photo (though I was concentrating on the abs obviously).

I'm not cynical by nature though, must admit. That's had me caught out buy Mike Ashley a number of times.

Personnally don't see any reason to doubt them tbh.

I don't think it's naive to think that it wouldn't be 5 minutes before someone who was at the place to pipe up that they were drinking if they were. It may well be that Ireland and co are not the sharpest of tools, but they would have to be flatlining (as would the whoever set up the official apology) to lie about something like that.

Yeah, I agree, I was just admitting that I tend to believe things rather than disbelieve them in general. I've got faith in human nature, it's a pretty big weakness!

Admirable quality if you ask me. Far rather extend trust to my fellow humans than the opposite.

Yeah, I agree, I was just admitting that I tend to believe things rather than disbelieve them in general. I've got faith in human nature, it's a pretty big weakness!

It is heart warming to read of your trust in people to do the right thing

On a completley unrelated note you may be interested to learn that I am the Head of defence in a small Arican country and am looking for somewhere to deposit £175 million. If you can send me your bank details I will be willing to give you 50% as a handling fee

On a completley unrelated note you may be interested to learn that I am the Head of defence in a small Arican country and am looking for somewhere to deposit £175 million. If you can send me your bank details I will be willing to give you 50% as a handling fee

PM sent!

???

:lol:

As I see it, there is nothing wrong with having a drink and get photographed, not at all. The setting, however, is just wrong. We are struggling with injuries in a paper-thin squad, and we want the injured players to get available asap. I don't see how partying is doing that any good, at least it's not sending a good signal out to the fans, and actually reminds me of Martins faking his injury... same kinda setting.

The whole idea of deliberately signing players who won't play to "look like we did something" is pretty downright absurd.

and is absolutely contradictory to the idea that Mike doesn't give a shit about what the fans think, but it's the same people who will repeat both statements, never mind the blatant contradiction

That bit isn't true, I want to point out.