Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Other than being a prick does he have any serious lifestyle issues? Ireland has tremendous talent, the sort that we need if we are ever going to do more than be happy to survive. If we can get him on loan it's got to be worth a punt.

odd decor and car colour apart no. he often trains hard and spends time with his kids

Other than being a prick does he have any serious lifestyle issues? Ireland has tremendous talent, the sort that we need if we are ever going to do more than be happy to survive. If we can get him on loan it's got to be worth a punt.

odd decor and car colour apart no. he often trains hard and spends time with his kids

He also often declares himself unfit with a virus or flu, only to get spotted out boozing on the evening.

He also often declares himself unfit with a virus or flu, only to get spotted out boozing on the evening.

ain't heard that tbh

Well, if the Irish say something about Ireland, I'm prone to think it's true.

Very intersting points about Keane...... I don't know how we don't go for him...... He will be a mile better than what we have here......

Because he is old, on high wages, will be expensive and on decline, Big no, naturally.

Guest rosstoon

Not a chance that he is on 70k a week a Villa. Made up figures

??? why?

Darren Bent is now their highest paid player and is not even on that much!

Guest Loven11

Sky sports transfer clockwatch :

9:48 Update on the Stephen Ireland to Newcastle saga. I understand talks are ongoing but the Magpies and Aston Villa are haggling over who pays what percentage of the midfielder's wages.

Guest Stephen927

His wages at Villa are ridiculous, it's the knock on effect of what Man City are doing to football with all their money. I think it would be fair for us to pay half of his supposed wages of £70k a week.

Sky sports transfer clockwatch :

9:48 Update on the Stephen Ireland to Newcastle saga. I understand talks are ongoing but the Magpies and Aston Villa are haggling over who pays what percentage of the midfielder's wages.

50 - 50 would suit both but i suspect villa would want bung off as much as possible.

His wages at Villa are ridiculous, it's the knock on effect of what Man City are doing to football with all their money. I think it would be fair for us to pay half of his supposed wages of £70k a week.

Don't think he is worth that tbh, especially considering his form, and the fact we are not desperate for another CM.

Don't think he is worth that tbh, especially considering his form, and the fact we are not desperate for another CM.

Yep, fuck them

Caulkins twitter - #NUFC still talking to Villa over Ireland (the player, not the country) and inching closer to resolution.

Not excited about this at all.  :undecided:

Well this thread is only at four pages so i dont think you are the only one!  Personally i think it would be a good LOAN signing.

Not excited about this at all.  :undecided:

Well this thread is only at four pages so i dont think you are the only one!  Personally i think it would be a good LOAN signing.

Personally I am quite relishing this. People can pooh pooh it but on his day Ireland pisses all over our midfielders for sheer ability with the possible exception of Barton.

Guest bmoregeordie

Well, if the Irish say something about Ireland, I'm prone to think it's true.

Very intersting points about Keane...... I don't know how we don't go for him...... He will be a mile better than what we have here......

Because he is old, on high wages, will be expensive and on decline, Big no, naturally.

also, ireland is a loan. keane would be a buy.

i like ireland more. lower risk. higher reward. more of a flexible player on the pitch.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hopefully. Suppose Nolan is playing through injuries, Smith is out (probably for the rest of the season). We were so thin against Tottenham that Michael Richardson was in the match day squad. Vuckic is injured (again), Guthrie seems to be having fitness issues (and is on and off injured). Barton is now on the right, which means James Perch is our back up CM (though I thought he did well against Tottenham).

Ireland could be a reet steal for us.

The lad has bags of talent, he was just shit on by man city then carted off to Villa as a make weight in the Milner deal.

One mans rubbish is another mans treasure.