Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure about the latest article. Either his initial quotes were said, or they were made up. They're pretty clear-cut comments and i don't see how context could have anything to do with it. "Birmingham is a rubbish town." "Live in Cork? I'd rather shoot myself."

I can only guess that the reporter suggested certain parts of the interview would've been off-the-record, and sneakily stuck them in anyway (cos they're fucking golden :lol:).

Not sure about the latest article. Either his initial quotes were said, or they were made up. They're pretty clear-cut comments and i don't see how context could have anything to do with it. "Birmingham is a rubbish town." "Live in Cork? I'd rather shoot myself."

I can only guess that the reporter suggested certain parts of the interview would've been off-the-record, and sneakily stuck them in anyway (cos they're f***ing golden :lol:).

"Birmingham is a rubbish town for inline skate racing?" "Live in Cork? I'd rather shoot myself a good bottle of whisky"? :dontknow:

:lol:

With Yorkie though, can help but feel they either made up the quotes or he's bullshitting, how can such quotes be 'taken out of context'? Quite definitive statements, those quotes.

Guest toonarmymia

I love how we've got so many 'characters' in our squad. Imagine when we have Barton, Ireland and Ben Arfa all playing together :lol:

its excellent - cant wait for the lad to start.

I could see how it could be taken out of context...

"Live in Cork? I'd rather shoot myself..."  must have originally been:

"(Go see Boyzone) live in Cork (with Andy Carroll)? I'd rather shoot myself..."

Were lucky to have Ireland imo. Given the form he was in at Man city, his age and potential puts his price way out of our reach under the current regime. The circumstances and generally gypsy mentalist attitude is the reason we have him, so I say accept it and get behind the lad, could well be one of our best performers, as he was at citeh.

Destroy Evertons Midfield tomorrow and all is well, bring a bag of rabbits feet for Shola n all cos he will need em.

Absolute tosh ,his value has gone right down from his Cithe heights and his year in Neverland .We have a Bartonesque situation with him and Villa will be pleased to get rid after this  :idiot2:

Darn, his heady is just as shiny and beautiful as Tiote's.

its also really small.  Sometime in the 05-06/06-07 season he was warming up for Man City (he was relatively unknown) down where I used to sit in the Milburn.  My mate I went to games with and a few people behind us were shouting comments about the size of his disproportionately small head.  Personally, I think him now playing for us is karma after that.

This one looks to be more complete:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232528/Stephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horrorStephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horror#ixzz1FacG7KBM

“Ireland is only reaping what it has sown,” he said. “They have put buildings up just for the sake of it and, in the end, no one lives inside them. That has cost a huge amount of money.

“But I don’t give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? Rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles.” And he made crystal clear his determination to never wear his country’s shirt again. “Even at youth level, it p****d me off to go there,” he said. “Everyone came from Dublin. I was the only guy from Cork. I had to take the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no grub. It was handled so amateurishly.

“National teams don’t interest me. I have more to do than go off for three days to play Andorra. And when you are Irish, you are well aware you’ll never win the World Cup.

“I feel nothing for the team. I absolutely don’t feel guilty when they lose and, when they win, at no time do I think I could have been there.

f***ing hell, he's completely off his mind :lol:

:lol:  :lol:

Really starting to like this guy.

:lol: :lol: Fucking class. If we sign him, we don't have to worry about him getting injured when on national duty.

As Pardew said, Ireland is an emotional guy. And what's wrong about that? I actually admire Ireland and Barton for being candid and expressing what they feel is missing from todays football. It's much better to have such types on board than the soulless who only care about money and utters just standard phrases to satisfy who ever they're talking to.